[Question] How much would I make with a Zotac Amp! GTX 1060 6gb per day?

PC specs

CPU: i5-4670

GPU:Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb

RAM: 1x8gb Ram

PSU: RMX 650 80+ gold

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

I don't know this for sure, but most likely not enough to warrant the purchase of the system. However you could use it for F@H, any contribution is welcome there.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

40 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I don't know this for sure, but most likely not enough to warrant the purchase of the system. However you could use it for F@H, any contribution is welcome there.

If you already own the system it may cover costs, but unless you have really cheap power you'd not make anything significant. Remember, even is you don't pay for power, someone has to, parents, landlords the local authority. Bear this in mind and be respectful where it applies. Folding would be just as rewarding in this case, as you'd not be making much. 

I have cheap power so I fold on and off and mine to cover the costs. I'm going to be buying a new card soon hopefully and will use it for folding.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Ben Quigley said:

If you already own the system it may cover costs, but unless you have really cheap power you'd not make anything significant. Remember, even is you don't pay for power, someone has to, parents, landlords the local authority. Bear this in mind and be respectful where it applies. Folding would be just as rewarding in this case, as you'd not be making much. 

I have cheap power so I fold on and off and mine to cover the costs. I'm going to be buying a new card soon hopefully and will use it for folding.

Yeah the power here is expensive. It is around 0.20$ KWper hour

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

Just now, IAEInferno said:

Yeah the power here is expensive. It is around 0.20$ KWper hour

Oh god, I'd look at just folding as with a single card you are very unlikely to make any amount of profit. You'll most likely have a ROI, return on investment, longer than a year. Infact let me check something, I'll get back to you in a minute.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So looking at nicehash after taking away your GPU power costs not including your cpu, motherboard, PSU, fans ect power use you'll make £300/$380 in a year, is the income stated the same. Unfortunately mining income reduces over time so you'll likely make less than this over the next year. 

Also keep in mind power prices are more likely to increase than decrease over the next year. 

Can an admin edit this post to correct the colour, can't do it on my phone. @leadeater <the only admin I can remember the name of.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

7c4404d9_89965d1309555038-somebody-needs-make-happen-picard.jpeg

Done :)

Thanks for that, and for the Picard! You can never have enough Picard in a day. ?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240