Mouse lag

I currently use a MX master mouse from Logitech and all has been going great, the mouse seems to work just as well as my cheapo eBay wired that broke a week or so ago. However, I have noticed that only on my main computer (specs in signature) that when I transfer large numbers of files the mouse would lag beyond comprehension but everything would remain perfectly okay and up to speed, I could tab to cancel the operation like normal while the mouse lagged whenever I tried to use it. The moment I cancelled the operation however the mouse would return to normal, I'm not doing a network transfer either, just a local USB to secondary hard drive transfer, I doubt it should have that much of an effect on the mouse as it did. I am running the mouse VIA the unifying receiver with all the latest drivers installed for the Unifying adapter as well as the mouse itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

File transfers could be saturating the USB channel/resources.   

If you go into Device manage and view by connection you can see if they are using same lanes.

Try find a USB slot that is not shared with anything else.  Some mice use Virtual Keyboards for extra features and buttons.  The use  addition system resources too.

I have had unresponsive mice and flickering webcams due to overloading one root.

1 minute ago, Qi_Forever said:

File transfers could be saturating the USB channel/resources.   

If you go into Device manage and view by connection you can see if they are using same lanes.

Try find a USB slot that is not shared with anything else.  Some mice use Virtual Keyboards for extra features and buttons.  The use  addition system resources too.

I have had unresponsive mice and flickering webcams due to overloading one root.

I'm already using the dedicated mouse USB channel, although I do have a slight thought that it may be interference from my portable hard drive spinning up. I've moved my hard drive away from the mouse and moved the receiver to another port just to be sure and it seems to be working fine now.

Desktop

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

That was going to be my next suggestion.

Although the mouse should be immune from this type of interference by design.

If you had a MicroWave Oven in same room I could understand. 

Just now, Qi_Forever said:

That was going to be my next suggestion.

Although the mouse should be immune from this type of interference by design.

If you had a MicroWave Oven in same room I could understand. 

Hmm, well maybe Bluetooth but my desktop doesn't have that luxury. 

Does a crossfire setup count as a microwave? (closer to oven)

Desktop

LAPTOP

No I doubt it is anything to do with crossfire. (although all your compotes do share resources) 

If you remove the portable USB HD and tranfer files to the interal drives I take it you do not get the 'laggy mouse issuse' ?

Just now, Qi_Forever said:

No I doubt it is anything to do with crossfire. (although all your compotes do share resources) 

If you remove the portable USB HD and tranfer files to the interal drives I take it you do not get the 'laggy mouse issuse' ?

So It is the hard drive interference, after all, seems like the mouse receiver must be kept on the opposite side of the computer to the hard drive. Wireless weaknesses.

Desktop

LAPTOP

Interesting as Logitech are a reputable brand and you would think they would design the mouse in a way to avoid interference from common PC peripherals, like portable HDD's.

What happens if you move the usb HDD as far away as possible from the pc and mouse?

23 hours ago, Qi_Forever said:

Interesting as Logitech are a reputable brand and you would think they would design the mouse in a way to avoid interference from common PC peripherals, like portable HDD's.

What happens if you move the usb HDD as far away as possible from the pc and mouse?

The mouse returns to its previous state of reliable performance which has a chance at rivalling wired mice. I think the mouse's only weakness is a portable hard drive next to the receiver running at 100%. Sounds pretty fair.

Desktop

LAPTOP