[Help]About to buy the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

InsanityWolf
Go to solution Solved by Probably Alex,

Bought my G502 Proteus Core (non rgb variant) about 4 years ago I think and I haven't looked back. It's lasted that long and still operates like the day I bought it. There is a little bit of fraying on the braided cable but that's not surprising given how long I've been using it.

As for your other question; yes all buttons can be reprogrammed completely. 

Hey.I'm going to buy a new mouse so my aim gets bottlenecked only by my skill and not my mouse or mousepad.I will most likely get either the g240 or the g640 for a mousepad and as for the mouse, I really like the G502 Proteus Spectrm because it has 3 buttons on the side and in Overwatch I must use all 3.I wanted to ask two question for anyone who has used it;Can the "sniper button" be reprogrammed to a different button just like the top two are without decreasing your sensitivity?And did you think that when you bought it you got what you paid for or was there another simillarluly priced mouse than you would have preffered having over this one?Thanks for helping me out if you do so :P

All the buttons can be reprogrammed to do anything. For FPS, I would look at a different mouse. The G502 is just too heavy for that

:)

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

All the buttons can be reprogrammed to do anything. For FPS, I would look at a different mouse. The G502 is just too heavy for that

Well I've seen a lot of good mice(e.g. Logitech G Pro,Logitech G403 Prodigy,Razer Deathadder Elite,Asus ROG Gladius etc) at a simillar price point and all are great,but all have only two buttons on the side.Is there any other mouse you would reccomend for fps titles that has 3(or more)buttons on the side where your thumb is?

I got myself the new Sensei 310 from Steelseries three days ago. I like ambidextrous mice, and while they're not on the thumb-side, there are two extra buttons on the other side of the mouse. Came from a Rival 100 and the Sensei's sensor is a lot better. Maybe have a look :)

8 minutes ago, InsanityWolf said:

Well I've seen a lot of good mice(e.g. Logitech G Pro,Logitech G403 Prodigy,Razer Deathadder Elite,Asus ROG Gladius etc) at a simillar price point and all are great,but all have only two buttons on the side.Is there any other mouse you would reccomend for fps titles that has 3(or more)buttons on the side where your thumb is?

Generally, if you need many buttons on the mouse, you should consider changing your control scheme. I don't think there are many FPS mice with many buttons on the side. 

31 minutes ago, InsanityWolf said:

Hey.I'm going to buy a new mouse so my aim gets bottlenecked only by my skill and not my mouse or mousepad.I will most likely get either the g240 or the g640 for a mousepad and as for the mouse, I really like the G502 Proteus Spectrm because it has 3 buttons on the side and in Overwatch I must use all 3.I wanted to ask two question for anyone who has used it;Can the "sniper button" be reprogrammed to a different button just like the top two are without decreasing your sensitivity?And did you think that when you bought it you got what you paid for or was there another simillarluly priced mouse than you would have preffered having over this one?Thanks for helping me out if you do so :P

27 minutes ago, seon123 said:

i agree. i have a g502 and its so heavy. i am currently looking at a new mouse but i have no idea what to get. i want a mouse with the same amount of programmable buttons :(

im looking at the sensei 310 or the roccat lineup

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

21 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Generally, if you need many buttons on the mouse, you should consider changing your control scheme. I don't think there are many FPS mice with many buttons on the side. 

Okay then If I need only two buttons on the side what mouse would you reccomend at around 60 to 80$ that is suitable for fps titles?(preferably wired connection because I don't have a charging station for batteries.

49 minutes ago, InsanityWolf said:

Okay then If I need only two buttons on the side what mouse would you reccomend at around 60 to 80$ that is suitable for fps titles?(preferably wired connection because I don't have a charging station for batteries.

For FPS, I would recommend Steelseries Rival 700 or Corsair M65 Pro (I'm using this one, great for FPS games).

For Mousepad, I would recommend Steelseries QcK+

26 minutes ago, Cherrypie said:

For FPS, I would recommend Steelseries Rival 700 or Corsair M65 Pro (I'm using this one, great for FPS games).

For Mousepad, I would recommend Steelseries QcK+

The Rival 700 is heavier than the G502. The M65 Pro is absolutely terrible as well, from personal experience.

1 hour ago, InsanityWolf said:

The new Steel series Sensei and Rival 310 seem good. Then you have the Zowie mice, as well as the other ones you mentioned. Roccat also has some newer mice with good sensors. 

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

The Rival 700 is heavier than the G502. The M65 Pro is absolutely terrible as well, from personal experience.

Have you tried Rival 700? It's very smooth and I know several top PUBG players who use it, so the weight doesn't really matter.

Your hand must be really weird when you say the M65 is terrible, I haven't had any problems with it in PUBG / CSGO.

As you see, everyone has their own preferences, so our opinions don't really matter at all.

It's up to OP to find a mouse that suits him/her.

12 minutes ago, Cherrypie said:

Have you tried Rival 700? It's very smooth and I know several top PUBG players who use it, so the weight doesn't really matter.

Your hand must be really weird when you say the M65 is terrible, I haven't had any problems with it in PUBG / CSGO.

As you see, everyone has their own preferences, so our opinions don't really matter at all.

It's up to OP to find a mouse that suits him/her.

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lighter mice are most definitely preferrable for competitive FPS. 

The M65 is really oddly shaped. Really wide, and uncomfortable sides. Really bad side buttons. Also, the lighting is affected by button presses. 

Bought my G502 Proteus Core (non rgb variant) about 4 years ago I think and I haven't looked back. It's lasted that long and still operates like the day I bought it. There is a little bit of fraying on the braided cable but that's not surprising given how long I've been using it.

As for your other question; yes all buttons can be reprogrammed completely. 

If only there was a place that you could go to and try out both newly released and old peripherals that weren't overused by other people so much so that it wasn't the same as how that product may be when you open it for the first time.Linus should search for and get sponsored by such company right now :D