advice to avoid static electricity

hello guys

im gonna build my pc soon...anyway, in the room where i will be doing that  the power sockets are not near the table, so i will not be able to do the "psu method", unless i buy an extension cable.

so instead...can i simply touch a piece of metal (maybe every 5 mins or so ) to get rid of static electricity? ive got a side panel of an old case (not the actual case i will be using for this build ); plus i ll be working on a table made of wood and the floor is made of stone.

thanks

have a good evening

lol i never bother anymore. i wear socks on a wooden floor, walk over carpet and shit. i used to touch the heater in the room once before building but i found that to be a waste of time too. my computer parts are in piles, they dont really tend to die from static electricity. maybe if you wear flece and rub baloons over yourself all day but honestly modern parts are really resilient. if you really care then get an antistatic wrist thing for a few dollars at your local computer shop or ebay or something

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just touch a piece of metal. I would do it more frequently than every 5 minutes, depending on how often you will be handling things like the motherboard. You shouldn't have many problems with stone floor. 

Touch a doorknob, or a lamp. Anything that will "drain" the static charge from your body. It isn't as much of a concern anymore since the component manufacturer's put protective covers on parts now. If your really worried about it you can run any type of wire (like speaker wire) from a plumbing pipe to your case, and then just touch your case.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."