ASUS W_PUMP Headers

Am working out custom cable runs for a new build and the ASUS motherboard I'll be using is confusing.

On page 38/128 1-22 of the manual it says:

Connect the fan of your water cooling kit to the W_PUMP+1/2 connector. 

I am used to connecting the pump(s) here instead of the fans.

Will be using a dual pump setup (the power for both comes off molex so draw through the motherboard isn't an issue) and as it offers PWM and RPM reporting I was hoping for some intelligent pump management in the BIOS/UEFI (like RPM scaling as different pumps report their speeds on different scales).

Have I been mis-using the W_PUMP headers all along or does this look to be a glitch?

2 minutes ago, Metalshark said:

Am working out custom cable runs for a new build and the ASUS motherboard I'll be using is confusing.

On page 38/128 1-22 of the manual it says:

I am used to connecting the pump(s) here instead of the fans.

Will be using a dual pump setup (the power for both comes off molex so draw through the motherboard isn't an issue) and as it offers PWM and RPM reporting I was hoping for some intelligent pump management in the BIOS/UEFI (like RPM scaling as different pumps report their speeds on different scales).

Have I been missing the W_PUMP headers all along or does this look to be a glitch?

In that case since the pumps are powered directly off molex place the fan connector on the CPU header as it will provide an RPM and PWM control.