Reinstalling from win 7 32 bit to 64 bit. Licence key same as CD key?

16 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do you want to keep any of current files? Installer is pretty self-explanatory and there's many guides with pics around the web.

Basic steps would be

1. Boot into USB.
  2. Follow steps on screen.

Only point where you need to make decision is when selecting correct drive for installing. There comes two options. Either format drive and remove EVERYTHING on it. Or install on top of current Windows. Latter will ask if you want files to be saved or not. If you select Yes, they will be moved to folder named Windows.old where you can get them later.

Ok so I have tried everything to get my ISO IOS file on as a bootable drive and my BIOS recognizes it. However when I try to boot up and reinstall off of this it gives me a Select a proper boot drive and press any key loop. I can still change back to my HDD and load up win 7 32 bit. But I am majorly lost as what to do and how to properly make a bootable USB. RUFUS will not let me format to FAT32 and win download tool will not finish due to it being a 64 bit ISO on a 32bit running version. Help?

On 8/20/2017 at 11:31 AM, MadOverclocker said:

Yes it should work ok though make sure your CPU supports x64

^^

1 hour ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

^^

It does (thank god) any idea on last comment?

7 hours ago, H4L0Monster said:

Ok so I have tried everything to get my ISO IOS file on as a bootable drive and my BIOS recognizes it. However when I try to boot up and reinstall off of this it gives me a Select a proper boot drive and press any key loop. I can still change back to my HDD and load up win 7 32 bit. But I am majorly lost as what to do and how to properly make a bootable USB. RUFUS will not let me format to FAT32 and win download tool will not finish due to it being a 64 bit ISO on a 32bit running version. Help?

Do you have option to use DVD or burn to one? That would be what I'd try next. At this point it's hard for me to provide accurate help since I can't see physical system.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, H4L0Monster said:

It does (thank god) any idea on last comment?

What processor is it? Is there any other PC that runs 64-bit windows you could perform this process on instead, and put the USB you created on the other PC into yours?

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do you have option to use DVD or burn to one? That would be what I'd try next. At this point it's hard for me to provide accurate help since I can't see physical system.

I have a DVD drive and rewriter combo however it is refusing to actually recognize any blank cds or DVDs that i put in.

7 hours ago, xDyl said:

What processor is it? Is there any other PC that runs 64-bit windows you could perform this process on instead, and put the USB you created on the other PC into yours?

I have no access to any other PC. I have a laptop but it is running 32 but win 10

3 hours ago, H4L0Monster said:

I have no access to any other PC. I have a laptop but it is running 32 but win 10

10 hours ago, xDyl said:

What processor is it?

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

42 minutes ago, xDyl said:

I know it will run 64 bit. It is a AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @3.8GHz

4 hours ago, H4L0Monster said:

I have a DVD drive and rewriter combo however it is refusing to actually recognize any blank cds or DVDs that i put in.

Sounds like its dead :/ The reason why BIOS is saying to select proper boot device is that something in mounting process went wrong. Probably finishing or ending it. Not your fault, those things happen. But like I said earlier, its hard for me to do further troubleshooting at distance. Hopefully someone else has better luck.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Sounds like its dead :/ The reason why BIOS is saying to select proper boot device is that something in mounting process went wrong. Probably finishing or ending it. Not your fault, those things happen. But like I said earlier, its hard for me to do further troubleshooting at distance. Hopefully someone else has better luck.

Thanks tho! Lot of help anyways!! I'll look around for a friend with a 64 bit... maybe that will work