graphics card

Riles4365

hi, so im mining btc on my pc bur when I use and mine obviously it slows down my pc because I only have 1 gpu. (Asus strix gtx 1060) so if I purchase another one of these how would I connect them as they dont have sli slots on them. Also, I was give nthe advice about purchasing an rx480 or the new ones they released, assign that for mining and leave my 1060 for my displays and gaming. What would be the best option?

If you used the second 1060 you wouldnt need sli if you assigned one to mine. 480 would be better if you get for same price (actually idk which is better for btc)

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

If you used the second 1060 you wouldnt need sli if you assigned one to mine. 480 would be better if you get for same price (actually idk which is better for btc)

someone told me i dont want to sli them as they would be kinda turning it into 1 and I dont want that because I want one for mining and the other for the display and other games and stuff

Just now, Riles4365 said:

someone told me i dont want to sli them as they would be kinda turning it into 1 and I dont want that because I want one for mining and the other for the display and other games and stuff

Thats correct. 1060 doesnt even support sli

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Thats correct. 1060 doesnt even support sli

yeah so like I just plug it in and assign that one for btc and the other I just leave?

You don't need to connect them in anyway, that's the same setup I have now. I have an NVIDIA card that I connect all my monitors to and play games on, and I have an RX 480 below it which is just used for mining and doesn't affect game performance at all.

yeah so like I just plug it in and assign that one for btc and the other I just leave?

Yup

Just now, Glenwing said:

You don't need to connect them in anyway, that's the same setup I have now. I have an NVIDIA card that I connect all my monitors to and play games on, and I have an RX 480 below it which is just used for mining and doesn't affect game performance at all.

thats siq man, cool. nis the rx580 or 480 better for ming than nvidia?

2 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

thats siq man, cool. nis the rx580 or 480 better for ming than nvidia?

The RX 480 mines about 20% faster than my GTX 1080 mining Ethereum, don't know how they compare when mining other currencies though. If you have one card from each company you will need at least one monitor plugged into each card or the drivers won't start up for that card. But if both cards are NVIDIA or both cards are AMD, you only need monitors plugged into your gaming card since both use the same drivers.

Just now, Glenwing said:

The RX 480 mines about 20% faster than my GTX 1080 mining Ethereum, don't know how they compare when mining other currencies though. If you have one card from each company you will need at least one monitor plugged into each card or the drivers won't start up. But if both cards are NVIDIA or both cards are AMD, you only need monitors plugged into your gaming card since both use the same drivers.

wait, i thought i could just plug 1 card into all monitors and have 1 plugged into mobo which I setup only for mining in mining software?