Non USB powered headsets

JZomerlei

So Christmas time is here and I have a budget of 150ish. I would prefer a headset that uses a straight up analog to my ASUS xonar.

I am looking at the sennheiser pc360. Mic quality isn't the forefront thing. Audio is more important but a crappy mic isn't good either.

Should I go with the pc360 or something else? I appreciate your input.

STEAM: JZomerlei LoL: zGuilt

SPECS: intel 3570k @ 4.4 ghz | 16gb DDR3 1600 Mhz mushkin | HIS 7950 | Asus xonar DG | ASrock z77 Pro3 | Rosewill 630W PSU | Cooler master Haf 912

The PC360 will be great, but if you don't need the mic, you might get some headphones for less, look at HD558's or Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Get something high impedance so your sound card doesn't ruin them.

DT 770/880/990.

How would high impedance ruin a headset? I don't know what it even means.

SPECS: intel 3570k @ 4.4 ghz | 16gb DDR3 1600 Mhz mushkin | HIS 7950 | Asus xonar DG | ASrock z77 Pro3 | Rosewill 630W PSU | Cooler master Haf 912

Your sound card has high output impedance, which means you need a pair of high impedance headphones so you don't get impedance mismatching. Alternatively you can get rid of the sound card and not worry about this.

Your sound card has high output impedance, which means you need a pair of high impedance headphones so you don't get impedance mismatching. Alternatively you can get rid of the sound card and not worry about this.

Not an option, I don't like the onboard sound I have.Also what is the impedance of the pc350/360?

These threads seem to get burried. My Xonar DGX goes up to 150 ohms it says,but can work at 32., the pc360 is a 50 ohm headset

These threads seem to get burried. My Xonar DGX goes up to 150 ohms it says,but can work at 32., the pc360 is a 50 ohm headset

Not buried, we're just tired of explaining what's in the FAQ.

I have a question. I have an amp but I'm not sure about the meaning of the impedance section. Anyone care to explain to me? :

post-3058-0-55742600-1385879944.png

I have a question. I have an amp but I'm not sure about the meaning of the impedance section. Anyone care to explain to me? :

If you don't know what it means, it doesn't matter. Those specs are for the line out and line in anyways - what matters is the headphone jack, which isn't listed there (usually never is listed in specs, now why would that be....?)

If you don't know what it means, it doesn't matter. Those specs are for the line out and line in anyways - what matters is the headphone jack, which isn't listed there (usually never is listed in specs, now why would that be....?)

I thought it was 47,000 line in and 2,200 line out ohms all the time :P

I thought it was 47,000 line in and 2,200 line out ohms all the time :P

Line out is slightly different then a straight output. Line out, is line level, and has yet to be amped. Output is amped. 

You want the input to be high-impedance, and the line out impedance doesn't matter because of the first part of this sentence.

Yes, it's buried at the TOP of the subforum as the only pinned topic.  No wonder nobody can find it.

It can WORK, but it's less than ideal.  You want the best you can get, don't you?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."