Corsair CX650

Visvio

So, recently I put together a new custom computer with my dad. I've been having some problems now after it being the 2nd/3rd week of having it, lately the past night wednesday and tonight have been an issue. I'll be randomly playing a game such as cs:go, or maybe Minecraft or possibly GTA 5, and then all of a sudden, my keyboard, mouse, monitor, and computer all shut off at once. When I tried to reboot up my computer only the motherboard lights lit up, no fans, no heatsink fan, it wouldn't boot up. After multiple tries I tried to push the 24 pin more into the motherboard, now after I did that, it seemed to turn on, but it's been happening every night now from the looks of things. I don't know if this is a power supply issue or if it's that it's coming loose from the motherboard, and I'm getting sick of losing progress since I have no warning that my computer is going to power off. Maybe some of you can help me out, I might just take out this power supply and put my EVGA 600W in because this has never happened in my old workstation computer while I had my 1060 in it.

I'll leave a pcpartpicker link of my computer that I put together and that I had the help of my father.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B6dpPs

Well try the 600W EVGA and see if that solves your problem. Doesn't seem too hard.

That said, if pushing the cable in harder does things then try plugging all the cables into your PC without any sort of cable management and see if that solves the problem. A cable might be choked.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Seems to be that I'm not the only one dealing with this since my friend in the comp game on cs last night told me to try pushing the 24 pin in more and then it booted up. He also said it happens to him as well, but other than that, should I have my case up or down? I won't be switching the power supplies out until tomorrow as I don't have the time right now to do so.

Yeah.  Just sounds like the connector isn't firmly into the motherboard.  Easy to resolve.  Just support the motherboards PCB better, and give the connector a good push.