Need an idea of where to go from here in terms of upgrading.

H U R T Z
Go to solution Solved by r3loAded,
3 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

how about you just, not upgrade?

If your computer is doing everything you need it to do, upgrading not is just throwing your money away. Only upgrade your computer when you need to, not when you want to if you would like to spend as little money as possible

Totally agree.

4 hours ago, H U R T Z said:

I play no AAA releases, battlegrounds is the one I want to be able to run well, even at very low or low settings

Your CPU is more than capable to do that and the GPU should play at least at medium setting PUBG over 60 fps.

The only upgrade I could suggest (not mandatory, as your GPU is decent according to your game visual setting) would be a new GPU. But I repeat myself, not mandatory. Only if you want better visuals and FPS.

Landed on a roof at the military base in PUBG, The building wasn't done rendering yet, bounced like a laggy kid on his neighbors WiFi and died cause of it.

Seriously though, I do light video editing, heavy audio engineering (DAW) and gaming. I play no AAA releases, battlegrounds is the one I want to be able to run well, even at very low or low settings. US, no specific price range for now, but I can afford to make big purchases. Had a friend shop out and build the PC with me, but since then I picked up some knowledge about hardware.

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Name    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Name    Evolve Virtual Ethernet Adapter
Model    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
3 Fans, two stock, one other

I run 1 monitor at 1920x1080

Got a 931GB Storage drive

Windows 10

If I'm missing anything, please tell me.

do you have that system already, or are you going to buy that system?  

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

do you have it installed on an ssd that fixes the building promblem for me 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Ooo, just realized I don't have the game on my SSD. Fixing it now.

@themctipers I already have the system.

@Vernw3 Thank you dude!

Honestly I'm just worried I'm being bottle-necked without me knowing.

3 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

how about you just, not upgrade?

If your computer is doing everything you need it to do, upgrading not is just throwing your money away. Only upgrade your computer when you need to, not when you want to if you would like to spend as little money as possible

Totally agree.

4 hours ago, H U R T Z said:

I play no AAA releases, battlegrounds is the one I want to be able to run well, even at very low or low settings

Your CPU is more than capable to do that and the GPU should play at least at medium setting PUBG over 60 fps.

The only upgrade I could suggest (not mandatory, as your GPU is decent according to your game visual setting) would be a new GPU. But I repeat myself, not mandatory. Only if you want better visuals and FPS.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

@CUDA_Cores True, but I do want comfort from my PC. I spend all day on it, and knocking things up to medium and high might be something I really want to do in the future. I do run VR and with increasingly large titles I'm starting to feel like my PC might start falling apart on new experiences, VR or not.

@r3loAded Thank you, the GPU seemed like the obvious thing, my limited knowledge just made me worried that wasn't the thing I should be looking at.

Considering the fact that I havent ever cleaned this computer in 2 years among other things, there probably is some stuff that I do if I'm looking for some boosts in performance. Thanks guys, for the time being I'll keep things how they are.