Tesla GPUs

Has anyone figured out how to get a Tesla GPU to output video to a different video adapter?

Laptop:           Model: 2017 MacBook Pro | CPU: i7-7820HQ | GPU: Radeon Pro 500 Series GPU| Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD | RAM: 16GB RAM

Gaming Pc:    CPU: i5-10400 | Mobo: ASUS H470-I | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz | GPU: Radeon VII 16GB |  OS: Win 10 | |  Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD

Old Gaming Pc:    CPU: i7-6700K | Mobo: ASUS Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2166MHz | GPU: GTX 1080|  OS: Win 10 | | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow chroma | Mouse: Logitech MX Master |

5 minutes ago, ClientDigital said:

Has anyone figured out how to get a Tesla GPU to output video to a different video adapter?

Tesla GPU? Like the 8800 series to GTX 200 series or do you mean the Quadro Tesla compute cards?

Yours faithfully

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

Tesla GPU? Like the 8800 series to GTX 200 series? 

Or like the K80's

My life

No not the architecture the GPU series, like the telsa P100 or K80

Laptop:           Model: 2017 MacBook Pro | CPU: i7-7820HQ | GPU: Radeon Pro 500 Series GPU| Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD | RAM: 16GB RAM

Gaming Pc:    CPU: i5-10400 | Mobo: ASUS H470-I | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz | GPU: Radeon VII 16GB |  OS: Win 10 | |  Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD

Old Gaming Pc:    CPU: i7-6700K | Mobo: ASUS Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2166MHz | GPU: GTX 1080|  OS: Win 10 | | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow chroma | Mouse: Logitech MX Master |

Just now, Himommies said:

Or like the K80's

yeah I added that, thinking that made more sense for the Quadro Tesla compute cards. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, ClientDigital said:

No not the architecture the GPU series, like the telsa P100

Tesla compute cards don't have any outputs, I haven't use any newer ones, but what exactly is the issue you're trying to resolve?

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Tesla compute cards don't have any outputs, I haven't use any newer ones, but what exactly is the issue you're trying to resolve?

How the hell would he even use them.It's not like you can simply just game on one

My life

Sometimes its possible to use a second GPU as a just a graphics adapter and the primary GPU for rendering ever if nothing is plugged in to the primary GPU.

Just now, Himommies said:

How the hell would he even use them.It's not like you can simply just game on one

I used to have one (cost almost $1000 used) for FP64 double precision in my server, but I needed two servers with it, so about a month later I sold it again and bout two Quadro K5000's, the last generation of Quadro to have the 1/FP64 computer but I could put it in two racks instead of just one. It was a nice card while I had it. 

Yours faithfully

If you're looking for a tesla equivalent with a display output, look into the Quadro GP100

It is possible to game on Tesla cards (I have done it before on the Tesla p40 but with Remote Desktop) but I wanted to know if you could game on a Tesla by remaping the output to a GPU with video output.

1 minute ago, Trekt Nation said:

If you're looking for a tesla equivalent with a display output, look into the Quadro GP100

There is no equivalent. it's like how you don't game on a ASIC

My life

It is possible to game on Tesla cards

Did you pay for one

My life

1 minute ago, ClientDigital said:

Sometimes its possible to use a second GPU as a just a graphics adapter and the primary GPU for rendering ever if nothing is plugged in to the primary GPU.

Yes that is quite easy, simply add the second GPU and your display should default to it, but that GPU will be doing the screen rendering not the Telsa compute card. The application should let you select what GPU to use for the rendering but be warned, Teslas are meant for compute power not necessarily rendering, but they do both. Do you have a passively cooled one?

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, ClientDigital said:

It is possible to game on Tesla cards (I have done it before on the Tesla p40 but with Remote Desktop) but I wanted to know if you could game on a Tesla by remaping the output to a GPU with video output.

Not by redirecting the output like that, even if you could it would be really bad at gaming, the Tesla have virtual display outs as you know for virtualisation, but why in all that is good would you game on an $8000 GPU designed for servers. 

Yours faithfully

Steam with a Tesla p40

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 10.50.39 PM.png

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

would you game on an $8000 GPU designed for servers. 

Considering how a better experience would be maintained on a 2000 dollar complete system

My life

Its not about the performance its just to see if its possible 

Steam with a Tesla p40

Sell it for 3k and just get a new system

My life

Its not about the performance its just to see if its possible 

Also please quote people when replying, using the little arrow pointing backwards at the bottom of the reply, beside the share button. 

3 minutes ago, ClientDigital said:

Steam with a Tesla p40

I hope that's either the active cooled model or in a server, by the looks of it, it probably is a virtual machine, That GPU sells for like $6000 new, I'm assuming it's a work GPU or something, and you have some free time? I got to run cinebench back in 2013 on a 4 Xeon CPU server and mother of god it was like over 100 haha

Yours faithfully

12 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Also please quote people when replying, using the little arrow pointing backwards at the bottom of the reply, beside the share button. 

No I will not use the quote button

NO