Retro GPU Collection update

Modzy

Hey all,

Several months ago I posted a thread about my retro GPU/sound card collection. This was done with the hopes of connecting with more people to help find the cards I was looking for. This was a big success and I have now grown my collection almost 50% since that thread. So I figured I'd share this update to share how the collection has grown. 

Since posting that video I've also had a lot more interest to do other videos about my hobby. I already had a YouTube channel I used mainly for dumping my post-race Sim Racing videos on and retro hardware seems to be gaining more and more popularity than I thought.

This is what the collection will have grown to once the ones in transit arrive.

PCI Cards:
2x Magic 3D Voodoo 2 12mb
Radeon 9250 128mb
Alphaserver Radeon 7500 64mb (in transit)
Creative 3D Blaster Annihilator 2 (in transit)
Hercules Stringray 128 6mb (in transit)

AGP Cards:
Matrox Millenium G450 (in transit)
-
Riva TNT2 32mb
Geforce 2 Ti 32mb
Geforce 3 Ti500 64mb
Geforce 4 MX440 4x 64mb
Geforce 4 MX440 8x 64mb
Geforce 4 Ti4600 128mb
Geforce FX 5800 Ultra 128mb (in transit)
Geforce 6800 Ultra Extreme 256mb

-

Radeon 9500 Pro 128mb

Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
Radeon 9800 XT 128mb (in transit)
Radeon X700 Pro 128mb (in transit)

PCI-E Cards:
Geforce 6800 GT 256mb
2x Geforce 6800 Ultra 512mb
Geforce 7800 GTX 256mb
Geforce 7950 GT 512mb (in transit)
2x Geforce 7950 GX2 (1 in transit)

Geforce 8800 GTS 640mb
Geforce GTX 460 1Gb
Geforce GTX 580 1.5Gb
Geforce GTX 760 2Gb
Geforce GTX 770 4Gb
Geforce GTX 960 2Gb (in use)
Geforce GTX 970 4Gb (in use)
-
Radeon X800 XT AIW 128mb
Radeon X850 XT PE 256mb
Radeon X1950 XTX Crossfire Edition 512mb
Radeon HD 2900 XT 512mb (in transit)
Radeon HD 3870 512mb
Radeon HD 5770 1Gb

I have started to slow down my purchases at this point as I'm running out of shelf space XD, and I'm almost 12 months away from my wedding so the budget is starting to go towards that now.
BUT I am still after a couple cards that I deem high priority, They are:

Radeon HD 5970 2Gb (XFX Black Edition model only)
Radeon HD 4890 1Gb

Geforce 7900 GX2 / 7900 GTX Duo 1Gb (anyone with one of these will be paid a pretty penny for it)
Geforce GTX 285 (EVGA Classified model only)

So shameless plug I guess, if you want to see some retro hardware, games & history videos. Feel free to check out the channel. Just keep in mind this is something I do as a hobby whenever I have time, I have a rough formula i'm working on, but no strict schedule.

24 minutes ago, Vatablous said:

Benchmarks? ;)

I have a 3 page spreadsheet i'm working on, but holy crap is it time consuming. Most of the cards I have atleast run a pass of 3dmark just to confirm they are working when they arrive. But I have been focusing on a couple cards I've been building dedicated gaming system around at the moment. But I am slowly building the spreadsheet that covers games & synthetic tests too. 

it looks like this so far and that's just the PCI-E tab.

benchies.jpg.c140caf8bca202b884046f533ce3bc8a.jpg

you dont have a 8800GTX. This was a great card. 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

you dont have a 8800GTX. This was a great card. 

Yeah I had a GTS 640mb back in the day, and originally the collection idea was to re-gain all the exact cards I've had over the years. Only in recent months has it really started to grow beyond only those. But a GTX is on the list for consideration. right price & condition of course.

Oh neat, I'm also a bit of a GPU collector(well I try lol) but I'm more after all the crazy GPUs ever made like the 9800GX2 is one I deeply want. Don't have any especially interesting cards though, haven't had the money to blow on this hobby lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016