Why isn't this yet a cooling solution?

UnderADyingSun

Form fitted window A/C units. Downscale this and start making cases with ports and mounting brackets. Icey cool air delivered directly into your case, sounds nice don't it?

Just a thought as I dread the arrival of my mini nuke reactor, the 290 O.o

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Condensation.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Suggesting the concentrations would be collectively higher post intake? Certainly none to be generated by the unit itself, I do see your point though.

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

too many nipples will be hard...  :huh:

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

A/Cs put a lot of moisture into the air. Not good for direct PC chassis cooling.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

If it were that easy, it would have been done a long time ago.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It would be interesting to see a sealed box with the inside being cooled. You need to separate the cold and hot side of an a/c unit, otherwise you are just dumping heat in the room, and as said outside the case you would get condensation. I think it would be amusing from a hard core gaming rig standpoint but I imagine chilled water might actually be a bit more practical and effective since you are cooling a relatively small amount of water instead of a couple of cubic feet of air.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

It would be interesting to see a sealed box with the inside being cooled. You need to separate the cold and hot side of an a/c unit, otherwise you are just dumping heat in the room, and as said outside the case you would get condensation. I think it would be amusing from a hard core gaming rig standpoint but I imagine chilled water might actually be a bit more practical and effective since you are cooling a relatively small amount of water instead of a couple of cubic feet of air.

Inefficiency, impracticalities aside, it would be cool to see though!

Inefficiency, impracticalities aside, it would be cool to see though!

Agreed, if I ever have the time and a spare window unit I might even find it amusing to build a machine in a picnic cooler and somehow mount the air conditioner on that. Possibly even just run it without a thermostat and see how low one could get those case temps. :)

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

So many reasons why this wouldn't work. I'll give you a few; No 1. The compressor would take up half the room of your case and is very noisy. No 2. The heat from the condenser would heat up your room. The biggest reason why this won't happen is this; A/C compressors use anywhere from 15 amps of power, at 120 volts, all the way up to 15 amps at 230 volt. You would have to have a dedicated circuit just to run the damn thing!  

Guy comes home tells his wife to pack her bags, she says "where are we going?" guy replies "I don't know where you're going to just be out of here by five."

You can buy phase change ready units already, much colder that AC (-30c)

That's why I mentioned chillers in the post before that, guess I should have also mentioned directly applying the phase change unit. Either way phase change units are noisy, power hungry, and impractical for all but the most hardcore uses.

Form fitted window A/C units. Downscale this and start making cases with ports and mounting brackets. Icey cool air delivered directly into your case, sounds nice don't it?

Just a thought as I dread the arrival of my mini nuke reactor, the 290 O.o

how about companies start making their products more power efficient from the beginning?

But it doesn't cool the whole case, like the OP mentioned. That would be a much better option though.

Guy comes home tells his wife to pack her bags, she says "where are we going?" guy replies "I don't know where you're going to just be out of here by five."

I remember seeing a video on youtube were a guy takes apart an old fridge and fabricates a cpu block and cools his pc with it. He of course had to insulate the motherboard.

A/Cs put a lot of moisture into the air. Not good for direct PC chassis cooling.

Wrong A/C take the moisture out the air hints the name Air Conditioner. Been a mechanic for 10+ years done a lot of A/C work been to a lot of classes.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Because it is much easier to just use fans to keep air moving.

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden