Andriod screen to Monitor screen only

I am trying to connect my Htc 10 to my spare computer monitor that i had lying around. I didn't want to use chrome-cast or any casting device because of networking issues I have. Is there a way to use cables and adapters to put my phone screen onto my monitor with only screen and either have the audio stay on device or connected to an external speaker? Whats the best way to accomplish this with as little money as possible. The monitor i have only supports VGA and DVI

7 minutes ago, 2003leohu said:

I am trying to connect my Htc 10 to my spare computer monitor that i had lying around. I didn't want to use chrome-cast or any casting device because of networking issues I have. Is there a way to use cables and adapters to put my phone screen onto my monitor with only screen and either have the audio stay on device or connected to an external speaker? Whats the best way to accomplish this with as little money as possible. The monitor i have only supports VGA and DVI

You can use any usb monitor adapters, with display link chips in them. Their app is still in beta, but it works, abliet with a few bugs.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Just now, unknownmiscreant said:

You can use any usb monitor adapters, with display link chips in them. Their app is still in beta, but it works, abliet with a few bugs.

At that point just buy a chromecast

9 minutes ago, 2003leohu said:

Android doesn't natively support display's over USB.You need as @unknownmiscreant said a external device of some sort no matter what

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

At that point just buy a chromecast

Android doesn't natively support display's over USB.You need as @unknownmiscreant said a external device of some sort no matter what

Yeah, get a chrome cast, however I was thinking if you had something like a old USB 3.0 dock/hub lying around it would work. If not get a chrome cast.

Also as @Himommies said, android doesn't do display over USB. The display link app is somewhat flawed, as it uses the network screen casting of android, and then encodes this over USB.

Also take a look at the "connect" app in widows 10. That might be the free way to do it. I can't remember whether it worked for me or not, but i think it was due to me running an older processor.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

25 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Not without MHL, as far as wired connections go. Android devices don't support conventional display interfaces.

The display link based adapters work. I personally have done it with my One plus 3. The way it works is pretty flawed. It uses the system's casting features to capture the screen, which the app then encodes and transmits over USB. Due to this, its limited to 1080p 60Hz, and crashes fairly often.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s