Overclockable ECC memory

Hello everyone

Well, Threadripper is close at hand and I'm wondering about which RAM I should choose.

See, I will be using Threadripper for an Ubuntu server running ZFS storage so ECC would be really nice to have. On the other hand, I'm planning on gaming on that thing as well so getting the most out of the setup would also be appreciated.

All the ECC RAM I can find seems to be purely 2133, however the Asrock X399 Taichi supports up to 3600.

So my question is this: Can the RAM be overclocked even when it's more prosumer and less gamer centric? For example I have access to Crucial CT4K16G4RFD4213 or Kingston KVR21R15D4K4/64. Does this overclock at all? Is there a manufacturer that offers overclockable ECC memory (perhaps in light of AMDs new CPUs even)?

Thanks for your input.

Marco

It seems ECC isn't much of a topic around here :D.

Too bad. Well, I still have some time until I'm gonna buy so perhaps something pops up :).

I'm pretty sure 2666 is the fastest you are going to find...

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147650

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

That's what I came to understand so far. It's also quite telling that just about everything ECC I could find was listed as server memory. Seems to me manufacturers see AMDs consumer ECC support as quite the gimmick.