MacBook Pro 2017 nontouch vs Dell XPS 9650

I previously had a lenovo 710 but Ive had continuous issue throughout owning it. It is currently being serviced for the 3rd time, my main issue is that it continues to have blue screen of deaths with the tag on the bottom "system_threa_exceptions_not_handled". The first time it was serviced they reinstalled the operating system, software and updates and same issue. The second time they changed the hard drive because as I've come to find out, my computer was missing a lot of Lenovo's prepackaged software such as lenovo one-key recovery, it was more like a windows edition computer from the microsoft store despite being bought from best buy. Its being serviced now and supposedly the ram is the issue so they are supposedly replacing that but im sick of having to deal with this for a year, instead im looking to purchase a new laptop

I'm looking at either the Dell XPS 15 9650 and the Macbook Pro non touch 2017 edition. Im a college student studying electrical engineering so I might have to use it for Auto-cad and for a couple of coding classes but aside from that I plan on using the computer for browsing online, writing papers, watching movies on netflix, maybe attempt to learn how to make music but no specific program for that in mind yet, also play some light steam games and maybe LoL but I have a desktop for that so its not a frequent thing. The spec of the XPS is an i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512 SSD with a 4K touchscreen and fingerprint reader, the Macbook Pro is a i5 7th generation, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD with retina display. Im not sure which to choose between the two but if anyone has any input or experience with either, that will be helpful or maybe suggestions for other thin and light laptops.

3 minutes ago, ImaBEAST420 said:

I previously had a lenovo 710 but Ive had continuous issue throughout owning it. It is currently being serviced for the 3rd time, my main issue is that it continues to have blue screen of deaths with the tag on the bottom "system_threa_exceptions_not_handled". The first time it was serviced they reinstalled the operating system, software and updates and same issue. The second time they changed the hard drive because as I've come to find out, my computer was missing a lot of Lenovo's prepackaged software such as lenovo one-key recovery, it was more like a windows edition computer from the microsoft store despite being bought from best buy. Its being serviced now and supposedly the ram is the issue so they are supposedly replacing that but im sick of having to deal with this for a year, instead im looking to purchase a new laptop

I'm looking at either the Dell XPS 15 9650 and the Macbook Pro non touch 2017 edition. Im a college student studying electrical engineering so I might have to use it for Auto-cad and for a couple of coding classes but aside from that I plan on using the computer for browsing online, writing papers, watching movies on netflix, maybe attempt to learn how to make music but no specific program for that in mind yet, also play some light steam games and maybe LoL but I have a desktop for that so its not a frequent thing. The spec of the XPS is an i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512 SSD with a 4K touchscreen and fingerprint reader, the Macbook Pro is a i5 7th generation, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD with retina display. Im not sure which to choose between the two but if anyone has any input or experience with either, that will be helpful or maybe suggestions for other thin and light laptops.

for night theme users^

-nightthemenotabot

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

3 minutes ago, ImaBEAST420 said:

For my fellow nighttheme user

EDIT :oups too slow ...

I think I would go for an Asus Zenbook or a XPS. Better solutions.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, try2topdat said:

For my fellow nighttheme

SRY beat you

because I'm the nightthemenotabot

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

Im kind of leaning towards the XPS the only issue I have is my horrible experiences with windows has skewed my judgment. I plan on spending the money now so I dont have to worry about buying another laptop for years to come.