ASUS Strix fan blade broke off

Xan

Hi guys.

So 1 of my Strix 970's fans' blades has broken off.

Now my pc starts to vibrate occasionally because of the instability.

Does anyone know where i can buy a replacement?

I had contacted someone from ASUS through the chat on their Belgian (my country) website and he said that they don't make or sell any replacements because "they are a manufacturer and not a retailer".

He told me to send it to my retailer, but since there is the 2 year warranty is expired, i'll probably will have to pay at least €70 to repair a card that's only worth €150 these days.

orca-image-1502226108412.jpg_1502226108742[1].jpeg

You might be able to find replacement coolers from eBay or alternatives. Or get aftermarket cooler for it.

As for that customer service agent, not very professional sounding response as many manufacturers have spares available as it comes cheaper for them to have part in stock. But in this case it might be that card is too old for that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

check out aliexpress, they have stuff like that

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Dude this is such a easy fix.

its just the fan so discard the outer shell on that cooler and buy 2 regular fans and hook it up with some metal wires from the local hardware store. If the wire head for the fan doesnt fit, just get a adapter from newegg for 5$.

Find a cheap 970 from ebay/craigslist and maybe one thats dead and just replace the entire fan housing would be the easiest solution vs ghetto rigging different fans which I guarrentee won't work or won't work well