Aio for Rx 580

VerVistas

Hi! I'm having issues with my rx 580 armor from msi because of the temperatures and the noise, it already went to rma in the store i've bought it from, but they said that the card was fine. But not for me, it's way to loud in games and even with the fans at 100% I get temps between 75 to 85 degrees. So I am  thinking on buying another cooler. Since I want it to last 2-4 years I was thinking on buying a water cooler. Something like the g10 from nzxt and the h55 from corsair. What do you guys think? 

water cooling is certainly quieter... not cheap by any means, but certainly a solution.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Yea, I know i could buy a 1070 in sale with the money I will spend but it's what I have and it will work good for me for a couple of years since I also have a freesync monitor. And it's not that much of a difference from the accelero IV...

what's your airflow situation? are you getting enough fresh air into the case? is the CPU aircoolered?

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I have 3 ml 120mm from corsair 2 in intake and 1 in exaust. The case is a nzxt s340 elite. The cpu is a 1600 with the stock cooler.

you're gonna need a lot more air exchange than that...

System specs:

I don't think that is the problem because I tried to put a 120mm fan from artic under the gpu with the case open and It didn't make a difference.

3 minutes ago, VerVistas said:

I don't think that is the problem because I tried to put a 120mm fan from artic under the gpu with the case open and It didn't make a difference.

well i must say that is not normal. every time i've ever left a case door open to allow the GPU to exhaust straight into the room instead of back into the case it's seen MUCH MUCH better temperatures.

System specs:

Thats why I want to change the cooler. Because It's being a really pain...

16 minutes ago, VerVistas said:

Thats why I want to change the cooler. Because It's being a really pain...

well go for it. EK has a nice little setup...

System specs:

10 minutes ago, VerVistas said:

The g10 comes with a am4 bracket right?

the G10 is a GPU cooler... why would  AM4 come into the picture?

System specs:

I'm talking about the support for the rx 580. 

The reviews of the artic aio are not the best ones..

Just now, VerVistas said:

I'm talking about the support for the rx 580. 

well the g10 is what replaces the heat sink on the 580. a Corsair 110, 115 or kraken AIO (or something with that same cooling head) locks into the bracket for direct to die cooling.

System specs:

12 minutes ago, VerVistas said:

It's because on the nzxt website , the rx 580 doesn't appear in the compatibility gpus, and below it says something about the am4 bracket..

here> https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g10-white

good question, not seeing much info out there on that.

System specs:

Thinking what to buy... The artic aio, the accelero IV or the g10 with the corsair h55... Don't know..

I asked amazon if the g10 supports the rx 580. Im thinking on saving a few euros and buying the extreme IV.

If I do so, i'll the thermal pads (in the back of the card) on the places In red in this image : http://imgur.com/WlFgvpd

Note that the yellow is a small cooler that the card already has on the vrms. 

Can you guys tell me if thats coorect? Thanks

1 hour ago, VerVistas said:

Thinking what to buy... The artic aio, the accelero IV or the g10 with the corsair h55... Don't know..

if it helps at all, a 240/280 has enough thermal capacity to cool both a 1080 and a 7700k.

System specs:

3 minutes ago, VerVistas said:

I asked amazon if the g10 supports the rx 580. Im thinking on saving a few euros and buying the extreme IV.

If I do so, i'll the thermal pads (in the back of the card) on the places In red in this image : http://imgur.com/WlFgvpd

yeah, ok, but what do the thermal pads touch to cool? that's what hangs me up...

System specs:

6 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

yeah, ok, but what do the thermal pads touch to cool? that's what hangs me up...

The vrms, the chipset, the RAM

11 minutes ago, VerVistas said:

I would definitely get the extreme IV, the mono plus (single 120mm fan) kept my 1070 at 82c max and basically silent.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

It's that backplate of they... Some say it works well.. Others not so much. But I think it does the job well enough..

I could buy the kraken g12 wich supports the 480 and the h55 that would look slick on my black and white build...

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

The vrms, the chipset, the RAM

i know what needs to be cooled, but with the AIO cold plate being the size it is... what do the TP's transfer heat INTO? certainly not the water block... and the back plate is hardly suitable, even if it did soak through the PCB...

System specs:

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

i know what needs to be cooled, but with the AIO cold plate being the size it is... what do the TP's transfer heat INTO? certainly not the water block... and the back plate is hardly suitable, even if it did soak through the PCB...

The vrms and power delivery  the other end of the card need cooling too

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious