New fans/Replace Phanteks defaults

RoKa
Go to solution Solved by light-v,
5 minutes ago, RoKa said:

I don't have the P400S, just the P400, so it comes with 2 grey cheap 120 fans from Phanteks themselves.

ATM I'm still thinking Be Quiet fans.

Aren't they the same beside the noise dampening? Well either way Be Quiet fans are great choice you can run them at full speed and still barely hear them

Hey.

I'm looking for some new fans (2 x 140, 1x120) and I'm wondering why the stock fans in the P400 TG-Edition are making such a huge buzzing noice.

What fans do you guys suggest and is it just a factory mistake or something. (The 120 in the back doesn't make a buzzing noice but the one in the front does.)

Product page P400: http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P400-TemperedGlass.html

Do you need a particular design or the bog-standard PC fan would do?

If you are looking for cheap and relatively silent fans you have the Arctic Cooling F12 those are the cheapest I can think of.

For silent freaks like me you have Be Quiet Silent Wings, Noctuas NF-F12s and Noiseblocker Eloop though they aren't cheap and Noctuas look horrible with a tempered glass panel 

Then you have EK Vardar for your radiator needs. Not as good a Gentle Typhoons but they aren't made anymore

Personally I think Corsair fans are overrated. I own two of them and they aren't particularly silent for the price

Just now, RoKa said:

Ah, I see they come in "quiet" version aswell, is there thát much difference?

I only have the ones I have linked you to. So I can't tell you the difference between them. Apologies.

9 minutes ago, light-v said:

Do you need a ... for the price

Well, I do want them to look good as there's a giant tempered glass panel.

Also the whole PC is a suprise-gift for my GF. :)

And buzzing fans won't suffice! I've bought the Be Quiet fans for my dad's PC but the HDD's in his PC still make a shitload of noice.

Lemme reply in a second with a picture of the build. (Im on PC now, switching to Phone)

Spoiler

15022075563721330681913.jpg

11 minutes ago, light-v said:

Do you need ... for the price

So maybe a RGB fan in the back? (Not sure how it works, I probs have to download software right?)

11 minutes ago, DiscoDuck101 said:

I only have the ones I have linked you to. So I can't tell you the difference between them. Apologies.

No problem man. :) Have a couple of Corsair fans (ML140s white) in my own PC, but I feel they are too pricy for what they do.

Just now, RoKa said:

Well, I do want them to look good as there's a giant tempered glass panel.

Also the whole PC is a suprise-gift for my GF. :)

And buzzing fans won't suffice! I've bought the Be Quiet fans for my dad's PC but the HDD's in his PC still make a shitload of noice.

Lemme reply in a second with a picture of the build. (Im on PC now, switching to Phone)

My GF bought me the S340 Elite as a surprise gift as well! What a coincidence haha 

I was in a dilemma between it and the P400S TG but I'm not disappointed by the S340 beside the build quality

Anyways, my old fans won't really fit the colour scheme with the black and white interior so I went for white bladed fans. The P400S TG comes with RGB and white fans will help the colours from the rgb pop so i'd recommend the Fractal GP12 or Arctic F12 Or if budget isn't an issue I'd go for Thermaltake Riings

4 minutes ago, light-v said:

My GF bought me the S340 Elite as a surprise gift as well! What a coincidence haha 

I was in a dilemma between it and the P400S TG but I'm not disappointed by the S340 beside the build quality

Anyways, my old fans won't really fit the colour scheme with the black and white interior so I went for white bladed fans. The P400S TG comes with RGB and white fans will help the colours from the rgb pop so i'd recommend the Fractal GP12 or Arctic F12 Or if budget isn't an issue I'd go for Thermaltake Riings

I don't have the P400S, just the P400, so it comes with 2 grey cheap 120 fans from Phanteks themselves.

5 minutes ago, RoKa said:

Aren't they the same beside the noise dampening? Well either way Be Quiet fans are great choice you can run them at full speed and still barely hear them