2000 NZD Gaming Build

Tumor12

My friend is saving up for a gaming computer, said he wanted to spent around 2000 NZD and this is what I came up with: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/dKKQHN

Wondering if theres anything I should change or anything. Like is it worth spending the extra hundred or two on a 1080 as opposed to a 1070. Also I don't know a lot about motherboards although I'm pretty sure this is perfect.

I would go for a ryzen 1600. For the gpu, it depends on what resolution he's playing at and the refresh rate of the monitor.

14 minutes ago, Tumor12 said:

My friend is saving up for a gaming computer, said he wanted to spent around 2000 NZD and this is what I came up with: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/dKKQHN

Wondering if theres anything I should change or anything. Like is it worth spending the extra hundred or two on a 1080 as opposed to a 1070. Also I don't know a lot about motherboards although I'm pretty sure this is perfect.

I would suggest waiting for the release of vega which should be really soon. You should get better price to performance once they are out and nvidia has reacted or get vega if they are better,

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

1 hour ago, Daniel Z. said:

yeah I'd go with this, although personally I'd drop to a 1tb and bump the ram to 3000mhz due to ryzen performing very well with higher clocked memory. It is almost exactly what I'm running in my system except that I'm using a 1070 but I only got that because my friend was selling it for very cheap compared to what you can get nowadays