CaseLabs SMA8 XXL Side Windows CAD Drawing

Lurick

I've done a lot of searching around for a CAD drawing of the XXL window panel that goes on the SMA8 and have come up empty. I've even emailed CaseLabs directly and they said they don't have one :(

Hoping maybe someone on the forums might have one or know of a place I missed that has one listed?

I want the drawing because I plan to get a tempered glass side panel piece made up and when I tried to measure it myself it came out all wrong, due to slight incorrect measurements of the holes, so I'd rather a CAD drawing with the proper hole dimensions and whatnot already done :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

37 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I've done a lot of searching around for a CAD drawing of the XXL window panel that goes on the SMA8 and have come up empty. I've even emailed CaseLabs directly and they said they don't have one :(

Hoping maybe someone on the forums might have one or know of a place I missed that has one listed?

I want the drawing because I plan to get a tempered glass side panel piece made up and when I tried to measure it myself it came out all wrong, due to slight incorrect measurements of the holes, so I'd rather a CAD drawing with the proper hole dimensions and whatnot already done :) 

Did you ask them the size of the holes?

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Did you ask them the size of the holes?

Yah, I asked for any info they could provide and they never got back to me.

Spacing and exact center measurements are what tripped me up.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yah, I asked for any info they could provide and they never got back to me.

Spacing and exact center measurements are what tripped me up.

Yeah that's hard to do without proper measuring tools and it probably won't be exact as the design specs are likely tolerance based. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah that's hard to do without proper measuring tools and it probably won't be exact as the design specs are likely tolerance based. 

Yah, I might try emailing them again and cross my fingers :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

• 3 weeks later...

Best way to measure between holes it to put screws in the 2 you are measuring, Then measure to the far side of both, Then subtract the thickness of one screw. That will leave you with center measurements.

Sorry about being a little late BTW...

9 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

Best way to measure between holes it to put screws in the 2 you are measuring, Then measure to the far side of both, Then subtract the thickness of one screw. That will leave you with center measurements.

Sorry about being a little late BTW...

Yah, I just went ahead and shipped the plexiglass to the TG company and they'll make a template and cut with that so I know it's exact :D 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, XiaoLeeLeung1998 said:

is plexiglass any different from the glass that were originally in caselabs's cases? 

No, it's Acrylic/Plexi glass

It's been a nightmare trying to get it converted into tempered glass though.

I sent a template to some TG makers and they cut the holes wrong, with the freaking template >.<*

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I was thinking about replace my Acrylic with TG for my sm8. I already bought a piece of TG at Homedepot but my side panel also has these 12 holes on them, now i need to drill holes on my TG to fit with these holes on the side panel, but the problem is i dont know which drillbit should i use, please help me out

6 hours ago, Lurick said:

I sent a template to some TG makers and they cut the holes wrong, with the freaking template >.<*

so do you think its possible to replace the acrylic with TG? 

I was thinking about using a dremel to cut off these holes and buy a big piece of TG and use some kind of glue to attach the TG to the panel, that way I dont have to drill holes.

Just now, XiaoLeeLeung1998 said:

so do you think its possible to replace the acrylic with TG? 

I was thinking about using a dremel to cut off these holes and buy a big piece of TG and use some kind of glue to attach the TG and the panel, that way I dont have to drill holes.

Speaking from experience, that's the far better way to go. Just keep in mind that the little posts are part of the side panel so definitely need to dremel them off carefully.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: