Samsung galaxy tab s2 slow charge

Glennieboyyy007

So i got this tablet around 1.5 years and it is still super fast, but the only thing is that the last months, charging the battery takes ages. sometimes it takes more than 10 hours before it is fully charged, while it is off.

i'm charging from a wall, so no slow usb pc charge.

i have it charging right now for 3 hours and it went from 15% to 36% whilst being turned off.

it shouldn't charge so slow, right?

i can't even have the tablet on with internet on it, because the battery percentage will just be constant and not change.

hope someone can help me!

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

what voltage/amperage charger are you using?

try using another micro USB cable. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

what voltage/amperage charger are you using?

try using another micro USB cable. 

currently still using the original charger that came with the tablet. 5V, 2A charging.

tried my lg charger/cable a while back, but made no difference then, but to be sure i plugged that one in for now

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

If your mobile usage is heavy like mobile data "on" all the time and some gaming too. Then the battery might have started showing its age. Other then that its cable related if that charger is fine. Cheap knockoff cables slow down charging a lot, old cables that are damaged internally can slow down charging, extra long cables can slow down charging. 

2 hours ago, DIY tech said:

If your mobile usage is heavy like mobile data "on" all the time and some gaming too. Then the battery might have started showing its age. Other then that its cable related if that charger is fine. Cheap knockoff cables slow down charging a lot, old cables that are damaged internally can slow down charging, extra long cables can slow down charging. 

i watch youtube a lot on it. more than 200GB per month. might that be the cuase of the preoblem? otherwise everything is original and the cable is pretty short. how can i determine if a cable is damaged internally?

4 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

i watch youtube a lot on it. more than 200GB per month. might that be the cuase of the preoblem? otherwise everything is original and the cable is pretty short. how can i determine if a cable is damaged internally?

There is no way as far as i know to check it except it shows sign by itself like slow charging, again and again connection and disconnection or not transferring data or slow transferring.

The cable has multiple wires in it and each wire has several strands. With the passage of time due to bending and twisting the cable again n again those strands sometime break which leads to less current hence slow charging. And sometimes the strands burn too when they have to transfer more current then they can handle. Check with another original Samsung cable. If the problem isnt solve it might be the battery then.  

33 minutes ago, DIY tech said:

There is no way as far as i know to check it except it shows sign by itself like slow charging, again and again connection and disconnection or not transferring data or slow transferring.

The cable has multiple wires in it and each wire has several strands. With the passage of time due to bending and twisting the cable again n again those strands sometime break which leads to less current hence slow charging. And sometimes the strands burn too when they have to transfer more current then they can handle. Check with another original Samsung cable. If the problem isnt solve it might be the battery then.  

thanks for the help!