IS THE NEXUS 6 (not 6p) WORTH IT IN 2017. NEED HELP

Hey guys, i was wondering is the nexus 6 still worth it in 2017. and overall (comparing the specs that actually matter (not anything like '4k display)) is there a better phone out there that is better in a significant way that is equal or cheaper than the nexus 6. but if u found a phone that is really significantly better (enough to impress me)  i am willing to spend a BIT more cash.

PRICE:

64gb motorola google nexus 6: USD $288.36

thx guys

Just now, Samson_ST said:

Hey guys, i was wondering is the nexus 6 still worth it in 2017. and overall (comparing the specs that actually matter (not anything like '4k display)) is there a better phone out there that is better in a significant way that is equal or cheaper than the nexus 6. but if u found a phone that is really significantly better (enough to impress me)  i am willing to spend a BIT more cash.

PRICE:

64gb motorola google nexus 6: USD $288.36

thx guys

Is it used? Keep in mind, a used phone 2 years later will very probably have a trashed battery and burnt-in screen since it's OLED.

The Nexus 6 was a fine phone. It had it's share of issues because it was a Nexus (poor encryption performance comes to mind) but it was a decent device for it's time.

I still use a Nexus 4 on occasion and, while I prefer my Pixel obviously, even that's a phone I'd be comfortable using still if I didn't have my Pixel.

It's all a matter of what you want out of your phone.

1 minute ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Is it used? Keep in mind, a used phone 2 years later will very probably have a trashed battery and burnt-in screen since it's OLED.

The Nexus 6 was a fine phone. It had it's share of issues because it was a Nexus (poor encryption performance comes to mind) but it was a decent device for it's time.

I still use a Nexus 4 on occasion and, while I prefer my Pixel obviously, even that's a phone I'd be comfortable using still if I didn't have my Pixel.

It's all a matter of what you want out of your phone.

completely new please :)

11 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

worth it

cant find anything better???

-merged and moved-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 hours ago, Samson_ST said:

cant find anything better???

nervermind

I brought mine used for $200 and it does the job, don't really use it for much more than browsing and playing 720p video. However there are some issues that have cropped up, some of which just make me want to throw it against the wall:

-No file explorer or music player included, yes there are apps out there, maybe I'm just too used to touchwiz and cyanogen.

-You have to change a setting everytime you plug it into a pc if you want to access the files on it (there's a notification that pops up when you plug it it, you have to tap on it and select transfer files everytime you plug it in)

-No separate parts, headphone jack, usb, etc are all on the motherboard so very difficult to replace

-My usb jack is starting to give out, ok I don't know how old the phone is but now there is only one wonky position the cable can be in for it to recognise it.

-Glass can't be replaced, have to do the whole screen if the glass does need replacing

That's about all, as I said I don't know exactly how old the phone is but am kind of disappointed and the software issues are incredibly annoying especially as it's meant to be google's own device.

3 hours ago, Raz Ghost said:

I brought mine used for $200 and it does the job, don't really use it for much more than browsing and playing 720p video. However there are some issues that have cropped up, some of which just make me want to throw it against the wall:

-No file explorer or music player included, yes there are apps out there, maybe I'm just too used to touchwiz and cyanogen.

-You have to change a setting everytime you plug it into a pc if you want to access the files on it (there's a notification that pops up when you plug it it, you have to tap on it and select transfer files everytime you plug it in)

-No separate parts, headphone jack, usb, etc are all on the motherboard so very difficult to replace

-My usb jack is starting to give out, ok I don't know how old the phone is but now there is only one wonky position the cable can be in for it to recognise it.

-Glass can't be replaced, have to do the whole screen if the glass does need replacing

That's about all, as I said I don't know exactly how old the phone is but am kind of disappointed and the software issues are incredibly annoying especially as it's meant to be google's own device.

ok i can live with that :)

I wouldn't. It's getting a little old, it's huge, battery life isn't really up there with other devices, and that price is quite high.

Why no get something like the Moto Z Play?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

as much as i like the upgrabalbility of the phone, the cases cost money and the phone cost money, and everything just costs more money. As i said, the cheaper the better. plus i like the big screen

Have you considered a OnePlus 2? I love mine, running latest LineageOS and it still feels like a brand new phone.
Or maybe look at OnePlus 3? 

Just throwing them out there

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

1 hour ago, Mkfish said:

Have you considered a OnePlus 2? I love mine, running latest LineageOS and it still feels like a brand new phone.
Or maybe look at OnePlus 3? 

Just throwing them out there

i have but i like to take photos and record videos and one problem i have with oneplus is that there camera that they use, has no image stabilization witch makes videos shaky and photos blurred, so nah