Ryzen 5 build, some help needed on planning

So, a while back I was looking for a cheap upgrade on my CPU cause my CPU is pretty lacking. For reference it's a FX8320. But seeing a lot of people recommend me the wait for the Ryzen 5 I did so. Even with a broken ethernet port I got a cheap adapter and here I am today, with a slightly higher budget, going for a full pc upgrade (except the graphics card which I upgraded in december). If you're curious about my current rig and the old thread where I got recommended to wait for Ryzen5, here's the thread: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/746430-any-worthy-upgrade-on-the-fx8320-for-200euros-or-less/#comment-9454221

This build will include also power supply and case since I'll be trying to keep my old pc fully operational for my dad

The build I got planned so far:
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 3.2GHz 16MB SKT AM4 BOX -  229,90€

MOBO: ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS SKT AM4 -  104,90€

RAM: G.SKILL PC4-19200 2400MHZ 16GB FLARE X SERIES (AMD) CL16 (2X8GB) BLACK DDR4 -  133,60€

M.2 SSD: SAMSUNG SSD 960 EVO M.2 250GB -  149€

PSU: Seasonic S12II GB 520W 80Plus Bronze -  54,90€

CASECOOLER MASTER CM 590 III WINDOW USB 3.0 - 54.90€

Total of 727,20€

From my old PC I will be taking the Asus GTX1060 Dual OC 3GB and a WDC Blue 1TB HDD (and I'll place back my old HD7870 on the old rig to keep it functional)

>Now the questions here are:
1. Overall compatibility?

2. Is it worth getting the CL15 version of that G.SKILL RAM for 142,50€ (8,90€ more)?

3. Is the power supply enough? How's the build quality on said power supply? Is it worth going for the  CORSAIR CX550M 550W MODULAR 80PLUS BRONZE instead? the price difference is quite noticeable ( 74,96€, so 20,06€ more than the Seasonic),  and I don't need the power supply to be Modular. Maybe there's some other power supply with a decent price tag that would be better than this Seasonic? I'm really confused and worried about the power supply.

4. How's overall the computer case? I noticed in videos that it's inside seems identical to my current case (CM Storm Scout2) which I really like, it's not anything crazy but it's just overall solid and functional. Do you guys recommend any other case on the same price tag? I noticed a lot of people going for the NZXT S340 but the 3.5' HDD mounting seemed bad and overall paying ~20€ more just for looks (and questionably less airflow) isn't really something I'd consider worth. Functionality and airflow > Looks

5. Any other upgrades/downgrades I should take in mind? I don't wanna blow up my wallet but I don't wanna lose a lot for only a few euros more.

This build will be mostly for gaming (with some twitch streaming maybe), I kinda want the M.2 drive since I play Black Desert very often, that game abuses the pagefile and needs fast hard drive speeds to load the map, since it loads while you play. On my current pc it's a bummer to constantly freeze while the game tries to load, even tho I have an SSD already (just a normal Sata3 SSD).

I don't wanna say a rigid budget but I don't plan on going much over 730€. But like I said, it's not a rigid budget, either saving 10 or going 10 above would be fine. (Tho I'd be more than happy to get more performance for less money, so if it would be possible to get the build even cheaper that would also be appreciated so I'm open for any kinds of recommendations)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me on this, and apologies for my perhaps bad English (I'm Portuguese btw)

Quick Edit: Prices are from a local store and I don't plan on ordering online

8 minutes ago, RiskyBomberPT said:

-Snip-

Only thing I see that could be not worth the price is the 960 evo, since a 850 evo will be good enough.

As for questions..

1. Should be

2. Can be, but you'd benefit more from going to 3000Mhz Ram.

3. If it's the Seasonic S12ii or M12ii 520w than it is within the same tier as Corsair's CXM. If it isn't, then go w/ the corsair.

4. Asthetically the S340 is nicer than the case you chose. I imagine the S340's 3.5" mounts are horrible, since it is a widely popular case.

5. Change the SSD to a 850 evo, and you could save some $$.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

Try to get faster RAM. Ryzen benefits more from higher-clocked RAM than any other ecosystem I know, although you can get a kit that fares well with overclocking on AM4 motherboards.

yeah 3000mhz ram corsair vengeance tends to do well, but check asus' qvl for that mobo, the seasonic s12/m12 are considered some of the best budget PSUs on the market

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

9 minutes ago, Drake10114 said:

Only thing I see that could be not worth the price is the 960 evo, since a 850 evo will be good enough.

As for questions..

1. Should be

2. Can be, but you'd benefit more from going to 3000Mhz Ram.

3. If it's the Seasonic S12ii or M12ii 520w than it is within the same tier as Corsair's CXM. If it isn't, then go w/ the corsair.

4. Asthetically the S340 is nicer than the case you chose. I imagine the S340's 3.5" mounts are horrible, since it is a widely popular case.

5. Change the SSD to a 850 evo, and you could save some $$.

Would you really recommend going with the 850 EVO? How much of a speed difference would that be? The hard drive speed is a bit crucial on my scenario

Anyway I checked the prices for it:
SAMSUNG SERIES 850 EVO ULTRASLIM 250GB 2.5" SATA III - 99,90 €

Way cheaper but 540 MB/s vs 3200 MB/s on Sequencial Read seems a bit huge to me?

The power supply is this one: https://seasonic.com/product/s12ii-520/
So, it's safe to go with this one? I don't want it to go boom on my PC so I'm a little concerned of it's quality

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Try to get faster RAM. Ryzen benefits more from higher-clocked RAM than any other ecosystem I know, although you can get a kit that fares well with overclocking on AM4 motherboards.

Now on that RAM topic that both Drake and Aerel mentioned:

How much of an advantage is getting 3000 Mhz RAM? I remember seeing a video with benchmarks that would only show improvement on FPS on higher graphics cards (as in, the 1060 would always be the bottleneck even with 2400 Mhz RAM). Maybe it's more noticeable outside gaming, perhaps noticeable while streaming?

4 minutes ago, RiskyBomberPT said:

Would you really recommend going with the 850 EVO? How much of a speed difference would that be? The hard drive speed is a bit crucial on my scenario

Way cheaper but 540 MB/s vs 3200 MB/s on Sequencial Read seems a bit huge to me?

So, it's safe to go with this one? I don't want it to go boom on my PC so I'm a little concerned of it's quality

How much of an advantage is getting 3000 Mhz RAM? I remember seeing a video with benchmarks that would only show improvement on FPS on higher graphics cards (as in, the 1060 would always be the bottleneck even with 2400 Mhz RAM). Maybe it's more noticeable outside gaming, perhaps noticeable while streaming?

PSU is fine and a good budget psu.

I run an 850 evo and haven't felt it being slow ever. That being said you will hardly be held back when gaming from having an ssd compared to m.2 drives. Are you planning on gaming, then an 850 evo will be fine. If your planning on moving tons of files around that are large, then go with the 960 evo. NCIX Tech tips has a video comparing ssd to m.2/pci-e for gaming, and found no difference (may have been a very small improvement, but for nearly double the costs).

Not 100% sure on the RAm since I don't run Ryzen, but Ik lots of people say go for higher Mhz ram, since Ryzen loves it.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

6 minutes ago, RiskyBomberPT said:

3200 gets it caught up to Intel in many cases where it previously lost. Minimums go WAY up. This guy overclocked a kit to 3600 and look at the results.

Ryzen CPUs are basically two quad-core CPU CCXs (basically dies) that communicate through what AMD calls 'infinity fabric'. For Ryzen 7, all eight work. For Ryzen 5, either one or two cores are disabled on each of the two dies. On Ryzen 3, two cores are disabled on each of the two dies.

The clock speed of this infinity fabric is determined by the clock speed of the RAM. Faster RAM allows for faster instruction between the two CCXs, greatly improving performance.

A quick digging through my local shop and found this sticks:

CORSAIR PC4-24000 3000Mhz 16GB VENGEANCE LPX CL15 (2X8GB) DDR4 - 149.90 €

on the store page it shows this model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 which seems to be on the supported list for my motherboard (there was 2 entries on it, one with exactly just that model and other with ver4.24 in front of it)

The price difference isn't too big so they seem alright, would this be recommended then?
Quick Edit: I never used any "OC" RAM sticks, are they hard to configure? Or does the motherboard detect the speeds and timings from a profile automagically?

And back to the SSD topic, I do understand that it might not make any difference to my gaming but on the particular case of Black Desert Online where the game is constantly loading as you travel, even with my current SSD (which is a subpar compared to the 850 Evo, I think I get 250mb/s sequencial reads currently(?) ) I constantly get frozen in the middle of the game because the map hasn't fully loaded yet (I have a very fast mount and the game doesn't have loading screens, it loads as you travel). So I was thinking that maybe the NVMe SSD could be helpful, but I might be wrong, maybe currently I get those freezes because my CPU is also very very slow, and with a decent SSD and the Ryzen processor the loading speeds would be sufficient to not freeze. It's a huge saving going for the 850 EVO so I'd be REALLY happy to do it, but on the other side I'm a bit afraid of the speed

So I've decided to go with that Corsair memory at 3000 Mhz and lower the SSD to the 850 EVO, which is just a little more on the ram but 50 less on the drive.

Having a little bit of flexibility now on the budget due to lowering the SSD I decided to look for a power supply of better rating, cause it could be a good investment as I can recover the money I spend now by simply having lower electricity bills over time.

I found this one which is 80 Plus Gold, compared to the Seasonic in the original post:

Corsair CS550M Modular 550W 80PLUS Gold - 78.90 €

Model CP-9020076-EU

Would the upgrade be worthy in the long run? The money I saved on the drive (which anyway, it's just a drive, maybe in a couple months I can just buy the 960 EVO anyway and keep the 850 EVO as an extra drive) allows me to put this upgrade on the PSU (if it really is an upgrade). I suppose with the PC ON for about 12 to 14h a day I can get back the price difference to the 80PLUS Bronze from Seasonic in about a year.

Can I get a confirmation (or denial) on this?

Thanks a lot for everyone who has collaborated in this thread so far!