Seagate Barracuda 3TB not found

I decided to pick up a Seagate Barracuda 3TB today because it was on sale. When I installed it in my rig it was only showing 349GB available so I decided to follow this guide on formatting the drive: http://newmeridian.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/external-3tb-hard-drive-size-not-detected-formatting-shows-only-349gb/

After following the steps the drive was stuck on "formatting" for over an hour and now it simply shows up as "new volume" (see pic) and can't be accessed! Is there any way to fix this or am I out of luck here? 

post-15417-0-65814800-1385687658_thumb.p

You may need a bios update for your motherboard to be able to detect volumes over 2TB.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find an update for my bios. 

After updating the bios the drive didn't show up at all anywhere. When I attached it to a esata to usb 3 connector it shows up as a protected GTP and I cannot access it. 

post-15417-0-30599600-1385694983.png

Is your windows install 64 bit?

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

I decided to pick up a Seagate Barracuda 3TB today because it was on sale. When I installed it in my rig it was only showing 349GB available so I decided to follow this guide on formatting the drive: http://newmeridian.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/external-3tb-hard-drive-size-not-detected-formatting-shows-only-349gb/

After following the steps the drive was stuck on "formatting" for over an hour and now it simply shows up as "new volume" (see pic) and can't be accessed! Is there any way to fix this or am I out of luck here? 

Command Prompt

Diskpart

List Disk

Select Disk 1

Active

Assign

Exit

Reboot computer

Is your windows install 64 bit?

Yes it is 

Command Prompt

Diskpart