Best thermal paste?

Go to solution Solved by Hereby,
2 hours ago, Damascus said:

The h7 should come with some, beyond that I got some cooler master stuff today and it's decent.  Beyond that, Arctic silver is my go-to solution. 

Oh hey it DID come with some!  You saved me a trip to the store, thanks lol.

Hey all, my used i7 4790 just came in.  I also purchased a Cryorig H7 cooler.  Right now I need thermal paste.  Can anyone recommend me some?  (Preferably something that sets fast and isn't too runny.)  Also I would love any tips you could give me about thermal paste as this will be my first time using it.  Thanks :)

The h7 should come with some, beyond that I got some cooler master stuff today and it's decent.  Beyond that, Arctic silver is my go-to solution. 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

IC Diamond Arctic Silver are good brands.

A good method for applying thermal paste is to put a little "p" or dot on the center of the cpu after it's in the socket.

Arctic Silver's "High Density Polysynthetic Silver" is a good option

Best in terms of pure performance would be one of the liquid metal TIMs from Coollaboratory, but they can be dangerous and have some quirks. 

In terms of price, performance and reliability (not that TIM can really be unreliable), I'd just stick to Arctic MX-4. To be honest though, pretty much any TIM is fine, there's typically very little difference between them. 

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

Oh hey it DID come with some!  You saved me a trip to the store, thanks lol.