Looking for an entry level 3D printer around $300

Hulkbert

I am open to buying a kit, although, if it comes built there is less for me to get wrong ,and I would prefer that. I'd also prefer a larger print size but usability comes first. So far I've been looking at the Maker Select 3D Printer v2 and the Maker Select Plus 3D Printer (I know that it is $400, but I was looking at buying it open box). I can't tell the difference between the two. Would it be better to order from amazon or direct from the manufacturer (or monoprice)? Thanks for all the help.

Personally I wouldn't bother, all the cheap ones are crap and a total waste of money IMO

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Personally I wouldn't bother, all the cheap ones are crap and a total waste of money IMO?

Probably

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15365&cl=res&utm_source=170726_email_seg&utm_medium=email&utm_content=15365&utm_campaign=170726_selectmini_segmented

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

*oh god I can't believe I'm defending a cheap printer* the anet a8 and wanhao duplicator have proven to be pretty good. However, a prusa i3 mk2s would be a much better machine out of the box. 

ASU

16 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

*oh god I can't believe I'm defending a cheap printer* the anet a8 and wanhao duplicator have proven to be pretty good. However, a prusa i3 mk2s would be a much better machine out of the box. 

I saw your guide. I now think that I should take my $300 budget , and save up for a while to get an official i3 kit. I figure that in the time I will take to get a $300 printer to work, I can save up for an official i3 and get way better quality. Thanks.