Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass vs P400S Tempered Glass

Paragon_X
Go to solution Solved by Glennieboyyy007,

only thing i can spot is that the "s" includes sound proofing panels and the non "s" doesnt have them.

it mostly comes down to looks and a very bit of noice and temps

Does anyone know the difference between those 2 cases i dont see a clear distinction in the site except for the fan filters?

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

only thing i can spot is that the "s" includes sound proofing panels and the non "s" doesnt have them.

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

3 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

I didnt catch the sound dampening I think that might be the difference. Thanks.

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

10 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

6 minutes ago, Paragon_X said:

I didnt catch the sound dampening I think that might be the difference. Thanks.

Actually, there's one more difference. The "S" version has a built-in fan speed controller as well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

dont buy the S just for the sound proofing. I have it and I think the sound proofing does nothing. It certainly cant soften the noise from a 7200 rpm drive.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, stefanDB said:

the S also has built in RGB strips with controller 

The RGB strip is not included. The controller is, but it's also in the non-"S" version (I have one).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

The RGB strip is not included. The controller is, but it's also in the non-"S" version (I have one).

How do you like it so far? Just ordered mine.

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

well here in the netherlands the RGB is included, maybe not where you bought it. 

1 minute ago, Paragon_X said:

How do you like it so far? Just ordered mine.

It's great, although I have the non-tempered glass version. It's well-priced and looks great, it could be a bit quieter and have more drive bays, but those are the only complaints I have :)

1 minute ago, stefanDB said:

well here in the netherlands the RGB is included, maybe not where you bought it. 

Maybe the TG version has those included? I bought mine before the TG one released and I also bought a 1M original Phanteks LED strip separately so it all works together.

1 hour ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Actually, there's one more difference. The "S" version has a built-in fan speed controller as well.

i have the P400S tempered glass and it does not have a fan speed controller...it's worth it for the noise dempening material though.

Also it did come with a magnetic 30cm RGB led strip that is very nice.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

46 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i have the P400S tempered glass and it does not have a fan speed controller...it's worth it for the noise dempening material though.

Also it did come with a magnetic 30cm RGB led strip that is very nice.

The non-TG P400S does have a fan controller with up to 3 fans connected. That + the sound dampening matts and top fan covers are the only things separating P400 & P400S, but the TG versions may be different (as previous models didn't include the LED strip as well)

After carefull Research the difference is the Fan controller and the sound dampening