CPU art

Lord Nicoll

I know it's kinda first world to take perfectly working CPUs and turn them into art, especially as one of the CPUs used is still kinda respected, but I decided to make another art piece, and seeing as how these are starting to not look really shitty (this one is literally held together with hot glue and cardboard) I took an Intel Pentium 4 530, an i5 750 and an i5 3570K (all delidded with their IHS under them) and put it on a card. What do you guys think of this? I'm torn between things I kinda wanted to do and a more simplistic elegant look. As far as I know all these chips still work. but the Pentium 4 went through a lot of processes to do that to it, and it also has some almost missing pads so it probably won't work. 

20517306_1614955711856343_1816558460_o.jpg

Edited by Lord Nicoll
forgot photo

Yours faithfully

I like the idea of this.  You can make it real fancy.  Try a larger frame with a nice finish, Hobby Lobby has cheap frames.  Perhaps some fabric to go behind.  

This is is better than having old parts waste away in a basement.

2 minutes ago, elkenrod said:

I like the idea of this.  You can make it real fancy.  Try a larger frame with a nice finish, Hobby Lobby has cheap frames.  Perhaps some fabric to go behind.  

This is is better than having old parts waste away in a basement.

I have a wall of dead hardware too, mostly killed by me and extreme overclocking, but also a GTX 295 I dropped while about to volt mod it to hell. It would have died anyways but I'd have been nice if it got a good HWBot score before it died. I'm in the EU so hobby lobby is a bit out of it, however I can make nice frames myself, I particularly like gilding, I have quite a bit of gold leaf. 

Yours faithfully

This looks great! Very good Job! You could try adding other CPU's with a larger frame like AM2 CPU's or mobile CPU's.