Gaming CPU needed

Hey guys, i am helping someone to build a PC and want to make sure if Ryzen is better now for gaming. The person has a budget of $1000, so can you please suggest the best CPU within the budget ? For now, these are the parts: 16GB Ram, Gtx 1060 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD. The peripherals and the monitor aren't included in the build. So he still needs a Motherboard, CPU, and a PSU. Thank you in advance.

The R5 stuff is faster than i5s for gaming, and the R3 are arguably faster for gaming. But the R7 stuff is slower at gaming than than the 7700K

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

The R5 stuff is faster than i5s for gaming, and the R3 are arguably faster for gaming. But the R7 stuff is slower at gaming than than the 7700K

Thank you for your reply. Can you please suggest a motherboard and a R5 CPU ?

Just now, Pkai said:

R5 1600 and motherboard depends on how much money is left in the budget.

7 minutes ago, Pkai said:

R5 1600 is the only way to fly. For the mobo, I'm using the ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F and like it a lot. Clean BIOS, no compatibility issues. Any AsRock or ASUS B350 mobo should be fine. You could go X370, but unless you're planning to SLI or really shoot the moon on an overclock, it's not really necessary, and you're better off sinking that money into RAM, storage, better GPU, etc.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

41 minutes ago, Pkai said:

Hey guys, i am helping someone to build a PC and want to make sure if Ryzen is better now for gaming. The person has a budget of $1000, so can you please suggest the best CPU within the budget ? For now, these are the parts: 16GB Ram, Gtx 1060 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD. The peripherals and the monitor aren't included in the build. So he still needs a Motherboard, CPU, and a PSU. Thank you in advance.

Go for R5 1600. 7700k is overkill for your graphic card. Many games will be bottlenecked on your graphic card.

23 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

For the mobo, I'm using the ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F and like it a lot. Clean BIOS, no compatibility issues. Any AsRock or ASUS B350 mobo should be fine. 

Strix B350-F is really good, but a bit more expensive than other B350 board. If you have the budget, go for this, otherwise go for other non-rgb board such as prime or asrock board.