How too measure loop.

I always hear measure twice cut once but how do you measure? I used a measuring tape and guestimate. Is there a better way to do it?

My only recommendation: Get at least twice the amount of tubing you think you're going to need. Maybe even more.

No matter what you use to measure, mistakes will be made (more so when it's hardline tubing).

So having some extra tubing to fall back on will be essential.

---

3 hours ago, nfs2192 said:

I always hear measure twice cut once but how do you measure? I used a measuring tape and guestimate. Is there a better way to do it?

For soft tubing you can estimate by running a length close to the amount you will require and cutting it a short amount longer just in case, you can always trim a little afterwards. For hardline you can get rules that you can use to get fixed distances, but you basically need to account for bend deduction of the tubing each time. 

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/water-cooling/tools/acrylic-tube-tools/17126/monsoon-hardline-pro-measuring-kit

1 hour ago, W-L said:

For soft tubing you can estimate by running a length close to the amount you will require and cutting it a short amount longer just in case, you can always trim a little afterwards. For hardline you can get rules that you can use to get fixed distances, but you basically need to account for bend deduction of the tubing each time. 

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/water-cooling/tools/acrylic-tube-tools/17126/monsoon-hardline-pro-measuring-kit

Using hard tubing. I think the measuring tape will be closest since I can kinda bend it just not sure it the bend radius will be the same.

Just now, nfs2192 said:

Using hard tubing. I think the measuring tape will be closest since I can kinda bend it just not sure it the bend radius will be the same.

There are bending guides for that if you want to keep consistency between bends to ensure accuracy. 

8 hours ago, nfs2192 said:

My strategy was to bend a piece slightly longer than needed and cut down a little at a time until it matched.

"Measure never, and cut many times until it fits"

2 hours ago, For Science! said:

My strategy was to bend a piece slightly longer than needed and cut down a little at a time until it matched.

"Measure never, and cut many times until it fits"

Unfortunately (I experienced this myself as well) it's near impossible to cut off the tiny amount you'd need to trim the tube for hardline. It's a cut a tube, fit, cut a new tube if it doesn't fit.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

11 hours ago, tikker said:

Unfortunately (I experienced this myself as well) it's near impossible to cut off the tiny amount you'd need to trim the tube for hardline. It's a cut a tube, fit, cut a new tube if it doesn't fit.

if it is a very small segment then sanding it down to length is also possible. I did this for my own build.

10 hours ago, For Science! said:

if it is a very small segment then sanding it down to length is also possible. I did this for my own build.

Ah yes, didn't think of that.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB