Switch vs pc

Fadednova

Is it a Better idea to get a switch and an ok pc or just an amazing pc?

I personally think it not only depends on your budget but also what games you like and what games (and systems) your friends have. I would get a PC, but it's your decision.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

both there amazing and together its the perfect combination 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Well, for me the switch is just a botw machine. Well, nintendo can also be fun to play with friends, but it depends what you want to play.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I think that it depends on what type of games that you want to play because some games you might want to play on the switch might not be available on pc. Well since that the switch is priced around $400, you could build a budget gaming pc, but its your choice! Also, what type of games are you going to be playing, because I think that the games determine what you should get that suits for needs.

2 hours ago, Fadedboy said:

Exactly same situation as you. I got the Switch.

Why? Well, it depends on you. For me:

• I need a new computer (current secs: Core i7 930, 6GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 680).
  • I am waiting for Nvidia Volta based GeForce.
  • I am waiting for the mess from Intel to clean up, and I want to wait more for AMD.. I want to ensure that they are really in the game, and have a more polished chip.
  • I want USB Type-C on my case.
  • No cases are interesting to me, beside the NCase M1, but even then.. this one is more a compromised. My biggest grip is that case manufactures pay 0 attention to details these days, and the push is limited.. they all focus on pleasing YouTube reviewers, by checking boxes, over actually making a case for a target market, pushing things to the next level. For example, it is OK to make a case that doesn't work with a water cooling kit. But you know perfectly that the case will be trashed in reviews because their dedicated 8 fan water-cooling AIO for their CPU, GPU, RAM, NVMe drive, don't fit in diagonal in the case. But that is more wishful thinking, as i doubt any of it will change next year.
  • Canadian dollar is too low... its going up... but as of now, everything is too expensive. I expect things to drop in price next year aqs they adjust to the increasing value of the currency.
  • Waiting NVMe drives to mature (and drop a bit in price).

So, as my PC will be purchased, most likely end of next year, and newer games don't run well. I got a Switch.

I love it the little system. I am VERY impressed with it. I like that I play game anywhere. Sofa, bed, or dock it to my computer monitor and play there. My 3 complaints on he system (beside voice chat... but I am used to it from Nintendo console... I just use Skype) are:

• Kick-stand. Feels like crap, but the plastic and everything is fine. Reminds of Microsoft, when they release the first Surface and Surface Pro system, where they mentioned on how much time they spent to get the kick-stand feel like a solid quality thing. I guess it shows some of the challenges o actually producing a product.
  • Not a glass screen. I fully understand why Nintendo used a plastic screen, and honestly, I don't see anywhere where Nintendo cheap out considering the price of the system. They definitely cheaped out a lot more on the WiiU
  • Plastic casing of the device, while has a great feel, holds well in hand, not slippery, and doesn't show dead skin, dirt crap after extended use, it is the type that scratches will show (plastic a bit too soft). So you just have to handle with care.
  • Dock while fine quality, they did cheap out on padding to avoid scratching the device.

I got a carrying case and the thinnest glass screen protector I could find, and everything is fine. I might get silicon pads like those one to put on the rear side of the dock (something like this)

https://www.amazon.ca/Silicone-Rubber-Feet-0-5mm-Adhesive/dp/B0195EGXI4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500317622&sr=8-2&keywords=rubber+pad+0.5mm

Still investigating how I'll do my mod. The glass screen protector is enough to protect the screen from the front side scratches, but I am thinking to use super think silicon pads on the rear to prevent scratches to show from the soft plastic.

I do feel that Nintendo will release an updated Switch, but I don't expect one next year. I do expect it to have a newer Tegra chip, but will be downclocked to keep performance similar (maybe a tad faster), with a goal to extend battery life over performance. Maybe a larger screen, but still 720p (which I don't care, smaller the better when it comes to low screen resolution for me).

Lack of AA is a reality of Nintendo games.. Although Splatoon 2, when in town, does have AA which is real nice, sadly the game gets a performance hit and locks at 30fps in this area. But actually playing matches the game doesn't have AA but goes to 60fps solid.

I don't mind 30fps in games, as Nintendo have always been doing an excellent job to keep fps solid 90+% of the time. So it doesn't feel like a playing a game with an underpowered PC, where the fps fluctuate all over the place, and makes the experience jarring. In other words, Zelda is enjoyable (just make sure the game is updated, as performance improvements where done to the game since the game was initially released, without cutting visuals (so genuine optimization to the engine).. although you'll quickly see that polygon count or textures isn't the reason slowing down the game, but rather the engine itself... I guess they designed the engine for the WiiU unique hardware, and that is why the Switch has those dips here and there on rare occasions dock or undocked)

Anyway, I have so far over 35h of playing Zelda. I got the console 2 weeks ago.

I'll get next month Fast RMX, and looking into some indie titles that I might get as well. MK8 I already played on WiiU. Splatoon 2 I want a demo (missed the test fires).

I'd give the switch some time to release more games or go through a price reduction before i pick it up

Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15X - i7 8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, 2TB Samsung NVME

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

I'd definitely go for the PC. You're getting many more games, that are being run much better, plus emulators for a large majority of consoles (Including the Wii.U! So if you only plan on playing BOTW on the Switch. It runs quite well on PC right now and will only get better.) and PCs can be used for things other than gaming. Not to mention you also get any type of controller you'd like.

14 minutes ago, TheVinAnator said:

I'd definitely go for the PC. You're getting many more games, that are being run much better, plus emulators for a large majority of consoles (Including the Wii.U! So if you only plan on playing BOTW on the Switch. It runs quite well on PC right now and will only get better.) and PCs can be used for things other than gaming. Not to mention you also get any type of controller you'd like.

3 hours ago, TheBeastPC said:

I think that it depends on what type of games that you want to play because some games you might want to play on the switch might not be available on pc. Well since that the switch is priced around $400, you could build a budget gaming pc, but its your choice! Also, what type of games are you going to be playing, because I think that the games determine what you should get that suits for needs.

Can someone suggest me a pc for not that much for like editing 

Edited by GoodBytes
Fixed post

4 minutes ago, Fadedboy said:

Can someone suggest me a pc for not that much for like editing 

Whats your budget?

Where do you live?

Right now the switch is basically a botw machine. Personally I'm waiting at least another year to buy it. PC all the way, it has thousands of times more games. Plus, wii and down emulation, heck in a few months wiiu should be 100% playable.

Nintendo consoles are nice to have on the side, but let's just face it, nothing comes even close to matching pc in terms of games or features.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

8 hours ago, Fadedboy said:

Personally I would get a switch and an okay PC vs an amazing PC. Go used parts on the okay PC and you can build something pretty damn good, depending on your budget.