Questions before buying new CPU

Hi lads i got some questions about a new cpu that i'm going to buy next month.(If its not the right place i'm so sorry).
1:I stuck between choosing I5 6600 and I5 7600K those two got pros and cons for me here some of them:
If i buy I5 7600k i will get more power (If i'm not mistaken its about %15) but i would need to buy new ddr4 ram with more expensive motherboard and I5 7600K is 110 usd more expensive than I5 6600.
If i buy I5 6600 i can use my ddr3 ram with it and i can buy other things like a new ssd and hdd.
2: I got a old gpu HD 6970 will 6600 or 7600k bottleneck it?
3: If they can does bottleneck physically cause damage to the parts?
4: Also i need a motherboard suggestion for those cpu's 
End note: I'm sorry about my broken English i tried my best also:
1: I have to select from those 2 cpu's
2: Buying from a website is not possible for me

3: How long will they last

buy a 1600.

you cant use DDR3 on skylake, only DDR3L, which even at that good luck trying to get it to work and finding a compatible motherboard

... no, that old gpu wouldn't be bottlenecked, your GPU would be the bottleneck

no.

h170 or z270, h170 if you go for the 6600, which is not worth it, and the 7600k should be used with a z270, but thats not worth it either

really?

buy through a physical retailer like NCIX..

it'll last for a decade or longer if you really want to keep holding onto them, a pentium 4 is still supported on windows 10.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The 6600 is ok, but it's locked, meaning you can't overclock it. Even so, I would go with the 7600K, as its newer and will last longer.

7 minutes ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

2: I got a old gpu HD 6970 will 6600 or 7600k bottleneck it?

So you have a HD 6970? Yes it will bottleneck however

8 minutes ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

3: If they can does bottleneck physically cause damage to the parts?

No, it will not cause damage in any way.

9 minutes ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

4: Also i need a motherboard suggestion for those cpu's 

To be honest, I'm not really someone to ask for this, however I would go for an ASUS mobo - I've all ways used them and never had a problem

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

1: you need new memory with either chip. you can not use DDR3 with Skylake or Kabylake. the closest thing would be LPDDR3 which is not the same.

2: nope

3:  bottlenecking dosent cause any damage, it just hinders preformance

4: for the I5 6600, any H110 motherboard, for the I5 7600K, any Z270 or any Z170 motherboard that has the Kabylake BIOS.

1: well that sucks, the R5 1600 is much better value

2: how come? either way im pretty sure most computer shops would have R5 chips aswell

3: *looks into crystal ball* 3 years, 5 years tops

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

buy a 1600.

you cant use DDR3 on skylake, only DDR3L, which even at that good luck trying to get it to work and finding a compatible motherboard

... no, that old gpu wouldn't be bottlenecked, your GPU would be the bottleneck

no.

h170 or z270, h170 if you go for the 6600, which is not worth it, and the 7600k should be used with a z270, but thats not worth it either

really?

buy through a physical retailer like NCIX..

it'll last for a decade or longer if you really want to keep holding onto them, a pentium 4 is still supported on windows 10.

Thanks for the answers but sadly buying a 1600 is not possible for my situation 

And after those thing people write i think i'm going to buy ddr4 ram with I5 7600k and H170 (z270 are almost at the same price at cpu on where i live and i'm on the budget) again thank you very much for the answers.

1 hour ago, limegorilla said:

The 6600 is ok, but it's locked, meaning you can't overclock it. Even so, I would go with the 7600K, as its newer and will last longer.

So you have a HD 6970? Yes it will bottleneck however

No, it will not cause damage in any way.

To be honest, I'm not really someone to ask for this, however I would go for an ASUS mobo - I've all ways used them and never had a problem

Thanks for answers i'm not experienced in overclocking so i have no business with it.

Yes i got HD 6970 and 3 months after buying cpu and other parts i will buy GTX 1060 or maybe 1070 depending on price

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

1: you need new memory with either chip. you can not use DDR3 with Skylake or Kabylake. the closest thing would be LPDDR3 which is not the same.

2: nope

3:  bottlenecking dosent cause any damage, it just hinders preformance

4: for the I5 6600, any H110 motherboard, for the I5 7600K, any Z270 or any Z170 motherboard that has the Kabylake BIOS.

1: well that sucks, the R5 1600 is much better value

2: how come? either way im pretty sure most computer shops would have R5 chips aswell

3: *looks into crystal ball* 3 years, 5 years tops

Thank you for the answers as i stated on this reply i decided to buy ddr4 ram too

Also i would like to get 1600 but sadly its not possible.

Just now, ThatcherHK33 said:

And after those thing people write i think i'm going to buy ddr4 ram with I5 7600k and H170 (z270 are almost at the same price at cpu on where i live and i'm on the budget) again thank you very much for the answers.

Thanks for answers i'm not experienced in overclocking so i have no business with it.

Yes i got HD 6970 and 3 months after buying cpu and other parts i will buy GTX 1060 or maybe 1070 depending on price

Thank you for the answers as i stated on this reply i decided to buy ddr4 ram too

buy z270 with the overclockable i5 7600k 

h170 won't allow you to overclock

buy a locked i7 if you're going with h170

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

22 minutes ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

dont get a H270 motherboard, either you cheap out and go H110 or B250 and get a locked chip or you ho Z170/Z270. no point in getting an unlocked SKU with a motherboard where you cant overclock anyway

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

buy z270 with the overclockable i5 7600k 

h170 won't allow you to overclock

buy a locked i7 if you're going with h170

Thanks again but z270 is almost double the price of h170 and i'm not into overclock and i'm on budget so its bit hard to buy.Also i considered to buy a locked i7 but again prices are sky rocketed in where i live.

43 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

dont get a H270 motherboard, either you cheap out and go H110 or B250 and get a locked chip or you ho Z170/Z270. no point in getting an unlocked SKU with a motherboard where you cant overclock anyway

All right got it but i'm proably going to buy 7600k and h110 or b150.

2 minutes ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

Thanks again but z270 is almost double the price of h170 and i'm not into overclock and i'm on budget so its bit hard to buy.Also i considered to buy a locked i7 but again prices are sky rocketed in where i live.

All right got it but i'm proably going to buy 7600k and h110.

then go with a locked I7 7700 or I7 6700, seeing as you cant overclock. the total should come out at around the same as the I5 7600k and H270 board. if you cant get one of those chips idk probably get the 7600K i guess

Builds:

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

then go with a locked I7 7700 or I7 6700, seeing as you cant overclock. the total should come out at around the same as the I5 7600k and H270 board. if you cant get one of those chips idk probably get the 7600K i guess

Thanks i searched a bit and find out i7 7700 is 65 dollars more than i6 7600k its ok and i will thinnk to buy it now but now problem is motherboard.Which one should i buy  MSI H110M GAMING Intel H110  or MSI B150M GAMING PRO Intel B150?

1 hour ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

Thanks i searched a bit and find out i7 7700 is 65 dollars more than i6 7600k its ok and i will thinnk to buy it now but now problem is motherboard.Which one should i buy  MSI H110M GAMING Intel H110  or MSI B150M GAMING PRO Intel B150?

well if you can find a B250 motherboard that would be ideal as you know is going to work, but out of those two id just get the cheapset one

Builds:

Spoiler

well if you can find a B250 motherboard that would be ideal as you know is going to work, but out of those two id just get the cheapset one

Yeah find one with good price thanks also i got 600 watt psu it wouldnt make a problem right?

Also do i need a liquid cooler with it?

1 hour ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

Yeah find one with good price thanks also i got 600 watt psu it wouldnt make a problem right?

Also do i need a liquid cooler with it?

you definatly dont need liquid cooling, if you want something a bit nicer then the stick cooler get a Hyper 212 evo. a 500W PSU should see you off just fine, just make sure you dont get a really crappy one. id recomend going for a SeaSonic S12ii unit seing as they are good and fairly afordable

Builds:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you definatly dont need liquid cooling, if you want something a bit nicer then the stick cooler get a Hyper 212 evo. a 500W PSU should see you off just fine, just make sure you dont get a really crappy one. id recomend going for a SeaSonic S12ii unit seing as they are good and fairly afordable

Got it added to list Hyper 212  also i checked it out and my psu is Dark 650 watt but dont know the model 

4 minutes ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

Got it added to list Hyper 212  also i checked it out and my psu is Dark 650 watt but dont know the model 

i would guess a darkpower PSU from BeQuiet, those are pretty good i think

Builds:

Spoiler

i would guess a darkpower PSU from BeQuiet, those are pretty good i think

Searched a bit and looked bit closely its not a darkpower psu it got a name like dark force or something. do you have any recommendations for a psu?

Just now, ThatcherHK33 said:

Searched a bit and looked bit closely its not a darkpower psu it got a name like dark force or something. do you have any recommendations for a psu?

that looks like a pice of crap but i have seen worse. i would recomend the above mentioned S12ii series from Seasonic or the CXM Series from Corsair

Builds:

Spoiler

that looks like a pice of crap but i have seen worse. i would recomend the above mentioned S12ii series from Seasonic or the CXM Series from Corsair

Only thing i found is CX series what about COOLER MASTER G750M?

7 hours ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

Only thing i found is CX series what about COOLER MASTER G750M?

I have a G750M as my bench PSU for testing stuff, it's a decent unit but way too powerful for this build, so if you can get a higher quality 500W for the same price, go for that instead 

Builds:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I have a G750M as my bench PSU for testing stuff, it's a decent unit but way too powerful for this build, so if you can get a higher quality 500W for the same price, go for that instead 

Thanks the country that im living on i cant find anything.in some weird places i asked about evga but they said na we dont sell them...

Also What about CORSAIR's psu's like psu's like cx series 80 plus 750w or builder vs series 650w

13 minutes ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

Thanks the country that im living on i cant find anything.in some weird places i asked about evga but they said na we dont sell them...

Also What about CORSAIR's psu's like psu's like cx series 80 plus 750w or builder vs series 650w

the VS series are OK but CX PSUs are pretty much crap. the CX450 is shit while the CX450M isnt, the M makes a lot of diffrence so make sure you dont miss something like that.

Builds:

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the VS series are OK but CX PSUs are pretty much crap. the CX450 is shit while the CX450M isnt, the M makes a lot of diffrence so make sure you dont miss something like that.

Got it builder vs series 650w is on my list now because cx750m is about 230 dollars here and its bit  high.

Also while searching i saw Corsair Carbide 100R case with 600watt psuwhat about it? is it bad or not usefull?

4 minutes ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

Got it builder vs series 650w is on my list now because cx750m is about 230 dollars here and its bit  high.

Also while searching i saw Corsair Carbide 100R case with 600watt psuwhat about it? is it bad or not usefull?

PSUs included in cases are almost always shit, actiually i cant think of a single one of those thats actiually decent lol. also those PSU prices seem pretty crazy seeing as the CX750M would cost you more then a 80+ titanium 1000W here...

Builds:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

PSUs included in cases are almost always shit, actiually i cant think of a single one of those thats actiually decent lol. also those PSU prices seem pretty crazy seeing as the CX750M would cost you more then a 80+ titanium 1000W here...

Yeah everything is overpriced here (even more than my native country) but fun fact is whike cx750m is 230 dollars cooler master g750m is 170 and builder vs series 650w is120 dollars 

6 minutes ago, ThatcherHK33 said:

Yeah everything is overpriced here (even more than my native country) but fun fact is whike cx750m is 230 dollars cooler master g750m is 170 and builder vs series 650w is120 dollars 

well the VS seems like your best options, but again you really dont need 650W so if you find anything thats 500W from any of those series that would be a better pick and could save you some money

Builds:

Spoiler