Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DIY Sound Absorbtion

Take a look at this video, what do you guys think? As someone who uploads videos to youtube, I need to stop any echo of any sort in the room. So if you disagree (yes, I've read the whole thing about absorption vs reflection, I don't understand it) recommend some other solution

I've seen this video posted here at least 5 times. If you're cheap, this should work for a couple spot panels here and there.

it would be better to do the typical isolation DIY

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

On 25/07/2017 at 7:49 PM, Dackzy said:

it would be better to do the typical isolation DIY

I've never heard of that, how would I do it?

9 hours ago, jkeasley said:

I've never heard of that, how would I do it?

The general isolation that gets recommended for it is called Roxul safe'n'sound. You basically build a frame that is as thick as the isolation + 5-10cm, then you make some platforms in the gram that are place at 5-10cm height (depending on how much extra thickness you decide on), you then place your isolation in the frame onto of the platforms and then you basically wrap it in cloth, but it is important that the cloth let's the sound waves pass-through it,  an easy way to test for this is to take a piece of the cloth up to your head and talk into it and see how much it dampen your voice. There are plenty of DIY guides on YouTube, just type in DIY acoustic panel. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.