A Overclocking Fourm?

ChillKyle

Hi guys. So I was wondering if we can get a overclocking fourm since I would love to get results from people. Also, I would like to professionaly overclock instead of mostly just setting my settings to "Auto".

Id love a Benchmarking forum which incorporates Overclocking.

Similar to what OCN offers.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I agree. We should have an "Overclocking" section. Right now, however, "Troubleshooting" or "CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory" will have to suffice.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I made the suggestion a while ago for a badge dependent on OCing achievements.

4.0Ghz

4.2Ghz

4.5Ghz

4.8Ghz

5.0Ghz

>5.0+Ghz

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I made the suggestion a while ago for a badge dependent on OCing achievements.

4.0Ghz

4.2Ghz

4.5Ghz

4.8Ghz

5.0Ghz

>5.0+Ghz

I would love badges for overclocking

I would love badges for overclocking

Windspeed said it would be too difficult to award. 

:(

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

since I found this : http://www.overclock.net = serious business  

LTT = funny stuff :P

I have been on that for a while and I would not think so (Name is GoldenTree). People here are more open to new comers and OCNers expect you to know the basics (Most of the time) and find your place on the forum (I am personally in the sff side of things). While here everything is everywhere here. OCN has more specific categories. LTT has more vague subforms.  Remember OCN is like 10+ years old I think and this is just about a year + so it is still fresh. Remember this is all IMO.

Thanks, Golden

Couldn't we submit results in the forum of snapshots?

thats what i was sayin. 

i wouldnt mind verifying 

I have been on that for a while and I would not think so (Name is GoldenTree). People here are more open to new comers and OCNers expect you to know the basics (Most of the time) and find your place on the forum (I am personally in the sff side of things). While here everything is everywhere here. OCN has more specific categories. LTT has more vague subforms.  Remember OCN is like 10+ years old I think and this is just about a year + so it is still fresh. Remember this is all IMO.

Thanks, Golden

Yes man, I think the same... but sometimes here we have thread full of trolls with people who don't know what they are saying.

I really like LTT and think  the "air" around here is fresh and much more friendly...

But any serious stuff we need to know almost always we will find at least 10 topics there. Here we may create one and some people will say

"you'll will explode your ram" without even know what they are saying.

So when it's not about overclock LTT is great and better to me... but when it's about to learn, read some serious stuff I go there now.

Having my 5GHz+ badge would be pretty cool, but it really is too damn easy for people to forge a result. It wouldn't be accurate unless LTT developed it's own stress test/voltage and clock speed monitor. Also, is it just me or is half the text on this page underlined, even the forum only text like "Licensed to: Linus Media Group"

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Having my 5GHz+ badge would be pretty cool, but it really is too damn easy for people to forge a result. It wouldn't be accurate unless LTT developed it's own stress test/voltage and clock speed monitor. Also, is it just me or is half the text on this page underlined, even the forum only text like "Licensed to: Linus Media Group"

What if this was in a forum of a video? And snapshots of the BIOS?

thats what i was sayin. 

i wouldnt mind verifying 

Hell if it was about man power I wouldn't mind verifying also.

Try this:

http://pricespy.co.nz/forum/index.php?showtopic=2972&st=0

We have a much smaller community on that forum, but it could easily be separated for each benchmark.

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

I want this. Go go go :)

I7-4770k - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - 16GB ADATA 2133MHz - EVGA 780 SC - 512GB Intel SSD - 2TB WD Black - Thermaltake DPS 750W

Yes man, I think the same... but sometimes here we have thread full of trolls with people who don't know what they are saying.

I really like LTT and think  the "air" around here is fresh and much more friendly...

But any serious stuff we need to know almost always we will find at least 10 topics there. Here we may create one and some people will say

"you'll will explode your ram" without even know what they are saying.

So when it's not about overclock LTT is great and better to me... but when it's about to learn, read some serious stuff I go there now.

Yeah here is more of a place to build relations, I know people who are on both forums and it just seems easier to start a conversation with someone here. People are nice on OCN but you need to know your stuff first or you will start a thread with people flaming at you or each other.

Golden