Edifier R1280T Vs Creative Inspire T6300

I currently own a Creative T6300 Which is a 5:1 Speaker system that i have hooked up with my pc.
This one costs around 70 bucks and to be honest i bought into the 5:1 SURROUND system on a whim and i rarely use all 5 speakers.So i decided to sell this one and buy a 2:1 or a 2:0 speaker which is more practical for my needs and usage.
It's important to point out that:
                                              1. I use the speakers mostly for listening to music.
                                              2. I do casual gaming with the speakers on and use headsets for competitive games.
                                              3. I'm not a bass head so moderate amount of bass is acceptable   
                                              4, All i have is 100 bucks to spend on audio devices.
i'm currently looking at the Edifier R1280T 2:0 bookshelf speakers.  http://www.edifier.com/int/en/speakers/studio-1280t-2.0-powered-bookshelf
What i want to know is that are these good quality ones that will last some time? Are these good for gaming and Music? Will i need to buy amps or DACs to drive these?

• CPU i7-8700k Motherboard Asus ROG Strix z370-F RAM G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 GPU Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC  Case Corsair Crystal 460x RGB Storage Samsung 950 Evo with 9TB HDD PSU Bitfenix Whisper 750W Display(s) Asus VX229H Cooling Corsair hydro h150i Pro RGB Keyboard Corsair k95 Platinum RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum  Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Sound JBL LSR 305 + Hyperx Cloud 2+ Focusrite 2i4

Those Edifier speaker will definitely sound better than the Creative one. You don't need any DAC or Amp to use them, just use the 3.5 jack to rca cable and you're good to go. 

But you need to know that those are more for music than gaming and the sound may not be as immersive.

11 minutes ago, Belzebuth said:

........the sound may not be as immersive.

as in not immersive for gaming? i honestly have no idea how these types of speakers sound.

• CPU i7-8700k Motherboard Asus ROG Strix z370-F RAM G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 GPU Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC  Case Corsair Crystal 460x RGB Storage Samsung 950 Evo with 9TB HDD PSU Bitfenix Whisper 750W Display(s) Asus VX229H Cooling Corsair hydro h150i Pro RGB Keyboard Corsair k95 Platinum RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum  Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Sound JBL LSR 305 + Hyperx Cloud 2+ Focusrite 2i4

1 minute ago, acid1011 said:

as in not immersive for gaming? i honestly have no idea how these types of speakers sound.

bookshelf speaker doesn't provide the 3D experience you may had with your 5.1 kit, but the sound quality improvement is worth, plus with good placement of the speaker, stereo can reproduce the sound stage, but it will be different than 5.1

3 minutes ago, Belzebuth said:

bookshelf speaker doesn't provide the 3D experience you may had with your 5.1 kit, but the sound quality improvement is worth, plus with good placement of the speaker, stereo can reproduce the sound stage, but it will be different than 5.1

no no. i hardly ever use the 5:1 set up of my speaker for gaming, even as we speak i have it set up as 2:1 , so 3d experience is not much of a concern.
what i want to ensure is that if it will be worth the money for significant improvement of sound quality for music.

anyone?
Or could u point me to a forum where i might get more definitive answers?

5 hours ago, acid1011 said:

anyone?
Or could u point me to a forum where i might get more definitive answers?

Sorry I was away for the day.

I do think that's the investement worth it, but I don't own this particular product...