Beoplay A1 background buzzing

Hello,

I recently ordered the B&O Beoplay A1 bluetooth speaker on Amazon and got it yesterday.  I registered a slight background buzzing which is audible up to 1m in distance. (when no music playing) It gets very clear the closer your ear gets to the speaker.

I tried comparing it to my father's Bose Soundlink 2 Mini and it also has a bit of a background buzz but the noise on my Beoplay A1 is way more audible.

So I started searching the internet and found quotes like (1)"The noise can happen with low-end speakers" or (2)"Could be other signals interfering with the speaker's Bluetooth receiver".

(1)The Beoplay A1 is certainly not low-end.

(2)The noise is always there, even with no device connected.

I also read that amplifiers cause these kind of noises and every speaker has got it. I do not have the knowledge to verify that.

I have the speaker on full volume and control the rest with my device (phone/tablet). (bad habit?)

Even with music playing, the noise is there. You have to listen very closely and the music has to be pretty silent.

I'm no audio-hardware expert at all (know nothing about it actually), so please don't flame. xD

So is that normal or did I receive a bad model? Any audio experts out there?

Greetings and thanks in advance :)

• 5 years later...
On 7/23/2017 at 9:37 PM, DrDrae said:

Hello,

I recently ordered the B&O Beoplay A1 bluetooth speaker on Amazon and got it yesterday.  I registered a slight background buzzing which is audible up to 1m in distance. (when no music playing) It gets very clear the closer your ear gets to the speaker.

I tried comparing it to my father's Bose Soundlink 2 Mini and it also has a bit of a background buzz but the noise on my Beoplay A1 is way more audible.

So I started searching the internet and found quotes like (1)"The noise can happen with low-end speakers" or (2)"Could be other signals interfering with the speaker's Bluetooth receiver".

(1)The Beoplay A1 is certainly not low-end.

(2)The noise is always there, even with no device connected.

I also read that amplifiers cause these kind of noises and every speaker has got it. I do not have the knowledge to verify that.

I have the speaker on full volume and control the rest with my device (phone/tablet). (bad habit?)

Even with music playing, the noise is there. You have to listen very closely and the music has to be pretty silent.

I'm no audio-hardware expert at all (know nothing about it actually), so please don't flame. xD

So is that normal or did I receive a bad model? Any audio experts out there?

Greetings and thanks in advance :)

Hey, i got the same problem now with my beoplay A1 1st gent. it was only after i updated the drivers (after a long time). it suddenly made the exact same noise as you are describing. did you find any solutions?