Razer Blade Stealth Webcam Problem

Topkek
Just now, Max_Settings said:

That's true because that is one of the rare i5s with Hyperthreadding. Only advantage of the i7 in this case is high clock speed and more cache. But they are both dual cores

my i5 in the CPU test scored 325

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Kirito (Main Build):
CPU Intel Core i5-6600k OC'd @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard ASUS Z170-AR RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 GPU ASUS STRIX 1070 Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Green 2TB & Travelstar 1TB PSU Corsair CS550M Cooling Corsair H110i GT Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Asuna (My Laptop): Razer Blade Stealth

CPU Intel Core i5-7200U w/ Hyperthreading RAM 8GB Hardwired into the system GPU I N T E G R A T E D   G R A P H I C S  Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 120GB Cooling Fans yo Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

yay hyperthreading

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Kirito (Main Build):
CPU Intel Core i5-6600k OC'd @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard ASUS Z170-AR RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 GPU ASUS STRIX 1070 Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Green 2TB & Travelstar 1TB PSU Corsair CS550M Cooling Corsair H110i GT Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

CPU Intel Core i5-7200U w/ Hyperthreading RAM 8GB Hardwired into the system GPU I N T E G R A T E D   G R A P H I C S  Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 120GB Cooling Fans yo Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

Sounds about right because mine is at 100C and thermal throttles

Sounds about right because mine is at 100C and thermal throttles

makes sense

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

makes sense

Well sounds like you lucked out on cooling. I personally would still return it and get like an XPS 13, but if you want to keep it try to get it fixed, pray to every god you know that they don't swap it out with another unit becasue the chances of you getting another one with good cooling is 1 in 1,000,000

Well sounds like you lucked out on cooling. I personally would still return it and get like an XPS 13, but if you want to keep it try to get it fixed, pray to every god you know that they don't swap it out with another unit becasue the chances of you getting another one with good cooling is 1 in 1,000,000

well on the bright side i ordered this from amazon and knowing their customer support i think they got my back on that

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

well on the bright side i ordered this from amazon and knowing their customer support i think they got my back on that

YES return it. Amazon doesn't give a fuck about the reason. Get an XPS 13, it's so much better.

YES return it. Amazon doesn't give a fuck about the reason. Get an XPS 13, it's so much better.

do you know how long i can have this for until i return it cause i kinda wanna see how this plays out just before i return it

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

do you know how long i can have this for until i return it cause i kinda wanna see how this plays out just before i return it

I think it's 30 days, but I don't know if it is different for computers.

I think it's 30 days, but I don't know if it is different for computers.

ill check

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

yep 30 days

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

thinking it over now i probably wont even care much about the webcam considering i probably wont even use it

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 11:52 PM, Topkek said:

I recently got a razer blade stealth 2016 and when trying to use the webcam have encountered 3 different outcomes A: it works which is barely B:no video or C: a messed up still of the video feed with green and ourole lnes, anyone else have this problem or is it just my unit and if its not just mine how do i fix this? or should i just RMA cause i got the laptop shipped on monday so i just got it. Everything else about it is fine its just the webcam that isnt working

Sounds like a bad connection on the webcam cable most likely. The webcam on these models is mounted on a small pcb in the display assembly which then runs another cable to the motherboard. The most common culprit is the actual cable itself where it connects to the webcam board. I've seen this on a few occasions and its because the cables razer uses can be poor quality. For one they use tons of small wires at the connector which are then held firmly in place by a glob of adhesive. It's not that its neccesarily bad but that the "quality control" is bad. Sometimes the connection is pretty poor or even breaks altogether even when removing some of these cables. It is technically possible to do a cable only replacement on this model, however, the models with the touchscreen digitzer do require a heatgun to remove and it is a highly difficult replacement on this particular model.

• 1 month later...

As a further update, I have stealth display assemblies here if you are interested in a replacement.