Razer Blade Stealth Webcam Problem

Topkek
Just now, Topkek said:

well hows about i test it right now

I'd be shocked if you ran a stress test and got below 90C

Just now, Max_Settings said:

I'd be shocked if you ran a stress test and got below 90C

what should i use? AIDA64?

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Kirito (Main Build):
CPU Intel Core i5-6600k OC'd @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard ASUS Z170-AR RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 GPU ASUS STRIX 1070 Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Green 2TB & Travelstar 1TB PSU Corsair CS550M Cooling Corsair H110i GT Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Asuna (My Laptop): Razer Blade Stealth

CPU Intel Core i5-7200U w/ Hyperthreading RAM 8GB Hardwired into the system GPU I N T E G R A T E D   G R A P H I C S  Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 120GB Cooling Fans yo Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

what should i use? AIDA64?

Either that or XTU

Either that or XTU

aight were about to do some science n shit

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Kirito (Main Build):
CPU Intel Core i5-6600k OC'd @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard ASUS Z170-AR RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 GPU ASUS STRIX 1070 Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Green 2TB & Travelstar 1TB PSU Corsair CS550M Cooling Corsair H110i GT Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

CPU Intel Core i5-7200U w/ Hyperthreading RAM 8GB Hardwired into the system GPU I N T E G R A T E D   G R A P H I C S  Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 120GB Cooling Fans yo Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

1 minute ago, Topkek said:

well hows about i test it right now

do it 

AIDA 64 and cinebench

aight were about to do some science n shit

Also run Cinebench. I'm telling you most of them hit 100C under load, sound like a jet engine, and thermal throttle like crazy

honestly though i dont even think i need to stress over thermals this laptops sole purpose is for me to type and watch youtube in college so loads shouldnt be an issue

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

honestly though i dont even think i need to stress over thermals this laptops sole purpose is for me to type and watch youtube in college so loads shouldnt be an issue

Oh that's another thing. So Razer sells this laptop with a 4K screen, and it's not powerful enough to watch 4K video. Mine hit 100% CPU load and can't play back 4K video.

alright boys here we go with AIDA 64 

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

alright boys here we go with AIDA 64 

100C incoming

Just now, Topkek said:

if you are happy with it, it's good enough then, we are talking about general quality issues, poor engineering, bad support and overall not worth the price. 

also i didnt get the 4K model i got the 900$ one, you know i5 1440p display and 8GB of ram

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

also i didnt get the 4K model i got the 900$ one, you know i5 1440p display and 8GB of ram

You got the non-touch one? Wow.

You got the non-touch one? Wow.

why the fuck would i need a touch display for a college laptop? lol

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

why the fuck would i need a touch display for a college laptop? lol

Touch screen is the greatest thing ever on a laptop, I rarely use my trackpad :D:D

Anyway hows the temps looking. I'll admit I haven't ever seen temps on the i5 model

Touch screen is the greatest thing ever on a laptop, I rarely use my trackpad :D:D

i had the plans of bringing my blackwidow my naga and my monitor all to keep in my dorm with a little docking setup, i personally prefer to use an actual mouse

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

also AIDA update, the temps are leveling out at around 75-80 and the fan is actually pretty quiet with my AC on and even with it off its not that loud, like sure its a little loud but its to be expected given its a stress test

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

i had the plans of bringing my blackwidow my naga and my monitor all to keep in my dorm with a little docking setup, i personally prefer to use an actual mouse

Oh you are one of those, uses mech keyboard with a laptop type people, got it. You aren't planning to game on it right?

Oh you are one of those, uses mech keyboard with a laptop type people, got it. You aren't planning to game on it right?

nah i just like typing with it it feels nice to the fingers

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

also AIDA update, the temps are leveling out at around 75-80 and the fan is actually pretty quiet with my AC on and even with it off its not that loud, like sure its a little loud but its to be expected given its a stress test

Congratulations for being the first person to get one with somewhat decent thermals. The i5 must run cooler.

Congratulations for being the first person to get one with somewhat decent thermals. The i5 must run cooler.

thats partly why i got it, i also saw ZERO practicality with an i7 on a college laptop especially considering the i5 can do most CAD stuff without breaking a sweat

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

now for the cinebench test lets see how it goes

Kirito (Main Build):

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Just now, Topkek said:

thats partly why i got it, i also saw ZERO practicality with an i7 on a college laptop especially considering the i5 can do most CAD stuff without breaking a sweat

That's true because that is one of the rare i5s with Hyperthreadding. Only advantage of the i7 in this case is high clock speed and more cache. But they are both dual cores

now for the cinebench test lets see how it goes

My i7 model scores around 280-300