Prebuilt Comparison

I've been getting a ton of feedback from people on building a new pc and this is the build I came out with hhttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/fGDngL

I have no experience with building computers or setups what so ever and I want to make my overall setup as nice as it can be. Since I don't have any experience I was a little worried about cable management or just messing something up in general.

I know prebuilts are mostly terrible but I came across this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-240gb-solid-state-drive-2tb-hard-drive-black-red/5600310.skuId=5600310 and wanted to see how the two compare. They're around the same price and both have a 1080ti and intel i7 7700K so I figured it might not be a bad prebuilt at all. It would save me the time and I wouldn't have to worry about messing something up when building. I seriously would love to build one just to say I did it but again, I am worried about cable management and messing stuff up. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-240gb-solid-state-drive-2tb-hard-drive-black-red/5600310.skuId=5600310 VS https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fGDngL

Thanks to everyone who responds and helps out, it means a lot.

Build it yourself. The pre-built only has a 1080 non-ti. Also it has an i7 7700 non-k processor. By building it yourself you probably will get faster ram, hdd, and ssd. Also you can choose the case you want. If you build it yourself you garuntee that you can upgrade it in the future. Sometimes pre-build machines have proprietary motherboards and power supplies that cannot be changed. Also, you just get the experience and bragging rights of saying "I built my own computer".

1 minute ago, Judd said:

Build it yourself. The pre-built only has a 1080 non-ti. Also it has an i7 7700 non-k processor. By building it yourself you probably will get faster ram, hdd, and ssd. Also you can choose the case you want. If you build it yourself you garuntee that you can upgrade it in the future. Sometimes pre-build machines have proprietary motherboards and power supplies that cannot be changed. Also, you just get the experience and bragging rights of saying "I built my own computer".

All I needed to know, are there any certain cases you would recommend? I was hoping for a white build :)

11 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

All I needed to know, are there any certain cases you would recommend? I was hoping for a white build :)

You don't need a 1080 TI. If you take black motherboard and other less important components black, the white stuff will pop more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7mpDgL

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

I'm not saying pre-builts are the best but they are not bad if you are worried about breaking your components but generally building a pc yourself is the best option 

18 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

NZXT H440 (White)

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

I'm not saying pre-builts are the best but they are not bad if you are worried about breaking your components but generally building a pc yourself is the best option 

There is a very small chance of breaking your components when building your PC. The only thing you'll have to worry about on your build is bending the pins in the motherboard socket which is still something that is highly unlikely to happen.

4 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

NZXT H440 (White)

How does that compare to the s340 elite in white?

2 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

There is a very small chance of breaking your components when building your PC. The only thing you'll have to worry about on your build is bending the pins in the motherboard socket which is still something that is highly unlikely to happen.

Lots of new builders don't know about static electricity so they break their parts this way (by being careless) 

Just now, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

Lots of new builders don't know about static electricity so they break their parts this way (by being careless) 

I heard something about grounding yourself but thought it was a joke, I normally don't see many people on youtube wear that strap if thats what youre talking about. If I am wrong please explain so I don't mess something up lol

2 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

I heard something about grounding yourself but thought it was a joke, I normally don't see many people on youtube wear that strap if thats what youre talking about. If I am wrong please explain so I don't mess something up lol

It's a good idea to ground yourself before building because you might break a component via a static shock the best way to do this is via getting a strap and attaching the crocodile clip to a screw on your case or what i like to do is put it on a screw on your psu.

6 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

How does that compare to the s340 elite in white?

It's a bigger case. I believe it can hold 2 280mm rads. It also has more drive bays. You'd probably need to watch a comparison video or research for yourself to find every difference though.

Just now, That_PC_Kid said:

It's a bigger case. I believe it can hold 2 280mm rads. It also has more drive bays. You'd probably need to watch a comparison video or research for yourself to find every difference though.

Sorry, which one is the bigger case?

7 minutes ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

Although there is a possibility of static electricity frying parts it is quite slim.

1 minute ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

It's a good idea to ground yourself before building because you might break a component via a static shock the best way to do this is via getting a strap and attaching the crocodile clip to a screw on your case or what i like to do is put it on a screw on your psu.

So all I need to do is get one of those straps put it on my wrist then attach the end to a random screw on my pc?

Just now, Slaxc said:

So all I need to do is get one of those straps put it on my wrist then attach the end to a random screw on my pc?

All you need to do is touch the metal part of your case to discharge yourself.

@That_PC_Kid @Jamie_Taylor_4200 https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6Zm2cc Any final thoughts? I'm curious to know if the parts will go well with the case. I was planning to get some LEDs to light up the case aswell. Are there any small little parts that'll help a lot? I have seen some people use cable extensions or cable covers or something like that. Not sure if there is anything else that helps a lot when building a pc but if yall have any suggestions let me know.

The NZXT S340 Elite in White is a fantastic case. It looks amazing plus it features tempered glass for the side panel which the H440 does not. The Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass Edition in White is also a beautiful case for around the same price. It comes down to your personal preference.

1 minute ago, Slaxc said:

@That_PC_Kid @Jamie_Taylor_4200 https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6Zm2cc Any final thoughts? I'm curious to know if the parts will go well with the case. I was planning to get some LEDs to light up the case aswell. Are there any small little parts that'll help a lot? I have seen some people use cable extensions or cable covers or something like that. Not sure if there is anything else that helps a lot when building a pc but if yall have any suggestions let me know.

Looks good apart from the GPU is to long for the case so you will have to take out some drive cages but that might be a big problem and if you want some nice cables to go in your pc try this website https://cablemod.com/introducing-cablemod/

Just now, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

Looks good apart from the GPU is to long for the case so you will have to take out some drive cages but that might be a big problem and if you want some nice cables to go in your pc try this website https://cablemod.com/introducing-cablemod/

You're talking about the 1080ti correct? Would it fit in the S340 Elite or Phanteks P400s?

2 minutes ago, chris76816 said:

The NZXT S340 Elite in White is a fantastic case. It looks amazing plus it features tempered glass for the side panel which the H440 does not. The Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass Edition in White is also a beautiful case for around the same price. It comes down to your personal preference.

Yeah I was looking at that Phanteks... which one do you prefer and which one would be easiest to build in and manage cables?

12 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

It might be a good idea to watch this video about Grounding yourself (By ya boi Linus)