My First Build

Go to solution Solved by NicholasNicholasNicholas,
Just now, Sirpz said:

Imo it's alot of people pissed at Intel, and amd fans 'ryzed' up again because their CPUs aren't that bad. In total Intel has superior single core performance, amd's strategy is to just glue more cores together and call it a day, which works, my first pc was an amd X4 860k, then I switched to an i5 6600k. The 7600k is a fantastic processor, just a slightly better 6600k, amd is also good, but it has worse single core performance and more cores, you choose what you want, I personally prefer Intel, and I think you should go Intel, they're honestly pretty similar, just depends how you'd like to use your machine 

"glued together" lmao 

do you even use your computer for anything other than gaming? if you do, you know how shitty it is having to use task manager to close background tasks everytime you wanna play a cpu intensive game. it sucks.

and the single core performance isnt even that much lower, especially when you compare it to lower end i5s which are all clocked lower. the 7600k is overclockable and thus has higher performance, but the lack oh hyper threading brings it down in cpu intensive games

Hi,

I have asked for advice from this community many times regarding this build but I finally committed, saved up the money I need and now I'm ready to order the parts. Before I do I'd like to ask you guys what you think of my finished build. The theme is red/black but I made all of the accents RGB so I have the freedom to change it whenever I want to. I'm getting the 1080p monitor because if I go for 1440p I would be sacrificing the 144hz refresh rate and g-sync. I am still wondering if 1440p will still be better do. I know my choice of peripherals is odd but I'd like to be able to control all of my peripherals from one program and Logitech are one of the only manufacturers that ship to Ireland. Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated and once again, thanks guys.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/W9cqzM

[EDIT]

The price of the graphics card is €580 (about $600) right now so I'm going to wait until it drops a bit. It's normally around €450

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

-Thread moved to New Builds and Planning.

Thanks! I dint know that was a category

Just now, Nickathom said:

get an r5 1600 instead

Well that depends on the socket and everything, not an easy switch. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post solved your problem, please press the check below :).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just now, Saddy said:

Well that depends on the socket and everything, not an easy switch. 

hes building it... it would literally only require a mobo and cpu swap

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

get an r5 1600 instead

I thought about that but decided to go for intel because of the slightly better gaming performance

get an r5 1600 instead

And I just checked, the motherboard is only compatible with intel cpus 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu/?compatible_with=HHbkcf

Just now, TheBloodedEagle said:

I thought about that but decided to go for intel because of the slightly better gaming performance

r5s are not worse than i5s. the only good intel cpu atm is the 7700k. trust me, youll be better off with an r5. not to mention youll be able to stay on the same platform for years.

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

Asus also has a hero mobo for amd but again, slightly better performance

Yeah, CPU prices are dropping right now so it is cheaper then ever

r5s are not worse than i5s. the only good intel cpu atm is the 7700k. trust me, youll be better off with an r5. not to mention youll be able to stay on the same platform for years.

I have a i7 6700 Intel CPU and it never goes to max while playing games at max 60+FPS

Just now, Saddy said:

I have a i7 6600 Intel CPU and it never goes to max while playing games at max 60+FPS

i7 6600. that is not a thing. ill assume you have an i7 6700 which has 8 threads, unlike the one he is going to buy

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

10 minutes ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

Hi,

I have asked for advice from this community many times regarding this build but I finally committed, saved up the money I need and now I'm ready to order the parts. Before I do I'd like to ask you guys what you think of my finished build. The theme is red/black but I made all of the accents RGB so I have the freedom to change it whenever I want to. I'm getting the 1080p monitor because if I go for 1440p I would be sacrificing the 144hz refresh rate and g-sync. I am still wondering if 1440p will still be better do. I know my choice of peripherals is odd but I'd like to be able to control all of my peripherals from one program and Logitech are one of the only manufacturers that ship to Ireland. Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated and once again, thanks guys.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/W9cqzM

[EDIT]

The price of the graphics card is €580 (about $600) right now so I'm going to wait until it drops a bit. It's normally around €450

Nice looking build. But I don't recommend a 212, it's a good cooler, but if you're going for a high end build that looks that nice, I would go with the cryorig h7, it looks MUCH nicer and has very similar performance, and in some cases it might be a little cheaper, on top of that I do have to say it's probably easier to install and has clearance for all ram. On my 6600k I get around 40°c with it

1 minute ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

in cpu intensive games youll want the extra threads. i5s are not enough for most intensive games anymore 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

Overall your build is very good.

R5 1600 is more worth it. You're getting more for your money and it's more future proof if you can say so.

3 minutes ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

With a fresh install of windows and no other programs running yes the i5 will just about outperform the r5 but a couple of months down the line when your PC is full of crap and there is a load of programs running in the background those extra cores will give you better performance.

1 minute ago, jcw150 said:

With a fresh install of windows and no other programs running yes the i5 will just about outperform the r5 but a couple of months down the line when your PC is full of crap and there is a load of programs running in the background those extra cores will give you better performance.

i can confirm this is true. i5s suck

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

7 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

in cpu intensive games youll want the extra threads. i5s are not enough for most intensive games anymore 

No game out there uses more than 4 cores..

1 minute ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

Thanks man! saved me a lot of trouble!

Imo I'd go with Intel, it's not gonna be any more future proof than a 7600k. Plus no game out there uses more than 4 cores