Ip camera struggles

I have a decent size network but have this issue with some of my ip security cameras whare some of them if the ip changes then I cannot find them. Ip scanners or whatever will find them eventually.... but it takes forever and many many scans before I find them. Most have a static set ip but a few of them will not take a static ip. I set it in the router and they will optain a new one which screws the whole network up. I just wish I could see every device connected all the time easily, because of having multiple switches the main routers client list never shows all the devices...what do I do ..help? 

Make sure - double and triple check - that you only have one DHCP server operating on the network. It sounds like you have more than one, which is why assigning a DHCP lease isn't taking effect.

By the way, an IP is only referred to as "static" if it is directly programmed into the device. If the device is still using DHCP, and you are using the DHCP server to set a specific IP, then that can be referred to as a "static lease", "permanent reservation", or "reserved address".

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Just now, brwainer said:

Make sure - double and triple check - that you only have one DHCP server operating on the network. It sounds like you have more than one, which is why assigning a DHCP lease isn't taking effect.

By the way, an IP is only referred to as "static" if it is directly programmed into the device. If the device is still using DHCP, and you are using the DHCP server to set a specific IP, then that can be referred to as a "static lease", "permanent reservation", or "reserved address".

Good to know, Also I have checked and have only one active DHCP server active.... alot of the static ip adresses will take, just not all of them. 

7 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Good to know, Also I have checked and have only one active DHCP server active.... alot of the static ip adresses will take, just not all of them. 

What are you using for your DHCP server?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: