[UK] Proper computer parts shop?

jeffery7466

I am looking for a shops that sell computer parts in the UK. I live in Sheffield, but I am willing to travel to nearby cities.
The kind of shop I have in mind are ones like Aria PC (https://www.aria.co.uk) which sells enthusiasts and gaming orientated products, unlike Currys/PC World which sells generic and pedestrian things.

Thanks!

Everyone on here be showing off their rigs, so here I go:

Spoiler

Main Desktop CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.65 GHz Memory: 2x8GB @ 3200 MHz Graphics: NVIDIA ASUS 1070 MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Storage: NVME M.2 Crucial P1 SSD; SATA Crucial MX500 SSD; Seagate BarraCuda HDD.

Acer Aspire 5755G CPU: Intel i5-2410M @ 2.30GHz Memory: 6GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM Graphics: NVIDIA GT 540M 2GB Storage750GB 2.5" 5400RPM HDD Display15.6" 1366x768

I feel ya, where I live its almost a 2 hour drive to the nearest computer hardware store.

Well i live in Denmark so i cannot said that shops and shop systems are the same, but we have wallmart like or bestbuy like places, that ONLY sell elektronics here. I belive most Nordic countrys has an Elgiganten or similer shop, in almost every big town. Don´t UK have a chain store for pc hardware or elektronics in general ?

Other whise i think your best online bet is overclockers.co.uk all tho i do hear that they can be a bit to the expensive side compared to scan or other big online e-tailers. 

9 minutes ago, shawnhovde said:

I feel ya, where I live its almost a 2 hour drive to the nearest computer hardware store.

Yea the UK is pretty crap for tech stuff. I used to live in Hong Kong and they have shopping centres dedicated to tech. Competition is high so prices are low.

1 minute ago, Adaa said:

Well i live in Denmark so i cannot said that shops and shop systems are the same, but we have wallmart like or bestbuy like places, that ONLY sell elektronics here. I belive most Nordic countrys has an Elgiganten or similer shop, in almost every big town. Don´t UK have a chain store for pc hardware or elektronics in general ?

Other whise i think your best online bet is overclockers.co.uk all tho i do hear that they can be a bit to the expensive side compared to scan or other big online e-tailers. 

Yea we do, but like I mentioned above they sell generic overpriced things e.g. logitec. Online is good if I know what I want, but for keyboards and monitors and speakers, its always better to try them out first hand.

Spoiler

Main Desktop CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.65 GHz Memory: 2x8GB @ 3200 MHz Graphics: NVIDIA ASUS 1070 MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Storage: NVME M.2 Crucial P1 SSD; SATA Crucial MX500 SSD; Seagate BarraCuda HDD.

Acer Aspire 5755G CPU: Intel i5-2410M @ 2.30GHz Memory: 6GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM Graphics: NVIDIA GT 540M 2GB Storage750GB 2.5" 5400RPM HDD Display15.6" 1366x768

4 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

I live in Lincoln mate :D Nearest one to us is Scan in Bolton :/ 

Lincoln is a lovely place!

But that's quite a trek and not exactly convenient! Maybe you should take a look at Aria PC, its just south of Manchester, which is slightly closer...

Spoiler

Just now, jeffery7466 said:

Lincoln is a lovely place!

But that's quite a trek and not exactly convenient! Maybe you should take a look at Aria PC, its just south of Manchester, which is slightly closer...

I hate it :( Orginally from Bristol, but lived in Weston-super-Mare.

I prefer Scan :) 

I was going to suggest Scan too. Not been there, but ordered online from them many times.

Further south, there's nothing near me without the pain of going into London. Nearest for me would be Novatech but I'd rather pay delivery. The exception I'm thinking about is I really want a gaming chair, and you really do have to test one of those to make sure it is the right shape.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

19 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

I hate it :( Orginally from Bristol, but lived in Weston-super-Mare.

I prefer Scan :) 

But Lincoln is beautiful... cathedral and all...

9 minutes ago, porina said:

I was going to suggest Scan too. Not been there, but ordered online from them many times.

Further south, there's nothing near me without the pain of going into London. Nearest for me would be Novatech but I'd rather pay delivery. The exception I'm thinking about is I really want a gaming chair, and you really do have to test one of those to make sure it is the right shape.

Agree on the chair part. I am looking to buy a new keyboard, and I know all the types of mechanical keyboards and what not, but I still don't know what each type feels like... Like a teenager with sex - know the theory but no experience :P

Spoiler

Just now, jeffery7466 said:

But Lincoln is beautiful... cathedral and all...

Agree on the chair part. I am looking to buy a new keyboard, and I know all the types of mechanical keyboards and what not, but I still don't know what each type feels like... Like a teenager with sex - know the theory but no experience :P

Meh ;) 

Been Scan a bunch of times (it's only... 20 mins from me), they normally have everything I need and staff are generally fine.