I just realized I have made the worst decisions

Cosmos1234

When i was checking out the forum i realized I have made the worst decisions.

Apprently Acer monitors are bad which i have.

I saw the rewiew of the AMD R7 240 which i have.

I have an amd cpu (not ryzen of course) 

I get 30 fps at most on Rainbow Six with 800x600

I did research too :|

1) my acer monitors are great

2) r7 240 I cannot speak of, never used them or had anyone I know use them.

3) older AMD chips aren't terrible, they still work... right?

Your decisions were made after research... and I'm going to assume you built this PC a long time ago. And at least now you (maybe) have a better idea of hardware specs and how each piece of hardware will affect  your performance.

Er, yeah.  Depending on when you got it, an R7 240 was a bad buy.  I mean if you got it when it was NEW it was lowerish end, but if you got it today it's more like 'I think the Intel IGP could do better...'

I bought a 240 for my first rig.

Never again...

Acer monitors are fine though and older AMD CPUs still work. Just sell the 240 and buy a 750Ti/1050/1050Ti.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

8 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Never again...

Acer monitors are fine though and older AMD CPUs still work. Just sell the 240 and buy a 750Ti/1050/1050Ti.

For that budget build the 750ti isn't a bad suggestion, had one floating around a while back and it ran most games on medium to low setting at 1080p just fine. I do recommend the FTW edition as the increased heat sink and fans are good for extra air flow and keeping is quieter as you can just tone them down a bit. However watch the price if you can get a 1050ti for a similar price, I'd spring for that.

How can one say "Acer monitors are bad"? That does not make sense.

Maybe some are, but not all (like every reputable brand).

The r7 240, well... You can sell it cheap and buy a lower end GPU like 1050 or 460 and live on.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

You should only worry if you are unhappy with what you are getting. I mean, you already have the monitor, for example, so you can judge its quality by yourself (and hope for the best in terms of longevity).

I would agree on the GPU, though, if you wanted a gaming PC. It's not bad, but its price new is rather high for what it is, and it's not a gaming GPU. It will let you play older games even at 1080p, though. But more modern, heavy stuff will get it into trouble.

I wouldn't double-guess myself too much if I were you, especially not based on what you read in this high-end-loving forum :P Just enjoy what you have, and if unhappy with its limitations, then calmly work your way through an upgrade plan, whether full-system at once, or gradually by key components. You just need to find out what makes sense to you, and you can alwasy find help in this forum for specifics ;) 

<insert comparison of forum dwellers to rampant unchecked cell growth>

If you're happy, that's what matters.  People quibble over too much on the forums because they don't have anything better to do.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1 hour ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Never again...

I wish had the money lol