New To the Linus Forums

CrazyMike

Hey all,

Name is Mike. I'm brand new to these forums. I'm actually a member over at a different forum as well, but thought seeing as I watch LinusTechTips all the time, figured I'd hop on over here and offer any knowledge I have. Linus is a great guy and I support him all the way (even if he is from BC :rolleyes: ). So it's going to take me a bit to get familiarized with this forum. The one I am usually on is quite different for set up and navigation. Any help from you ladies and gents for any rules or regulations would be greatly appreciated.

As for me and my knowledge:

I am not the type of person you would see on the streets and expect to have knowledge about computers. I mainly am into the hardware side of things, but quite experienced in the software side as well (not specifically coding). I still classify myself as a "newbie" and still learning many other attributes with computing.

As for my setup:

My laptop is a Dell XPS specs are as follows:

• 17" 1920 x 1080 3D capable
  • Intel i7 - 2720QM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 555M Graphics 3D Vision
  • 16GB RAM
  • x2 500GB HDD
  • JBL Audio
  • Razer Orchi Mouse

My Desktop specs are as follows:

• Corsair 600T White Edition
  • Asus P8Z77-V-Pro Motherboard
  • 16GB G-Skill Sniper series RAM
  • Asus GTX 660Ti 2GB Graphics Card
  • Intel i7-3770K (original clock right now)
  • Corsair TX850 Power Supply
  • 120GB OCZ Agillity SSD; 500GB WD HDD; 1TB WD Black HDD; 500GB WD HDD (external)
  • Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler
  • 24" Asus VW266H Monitor
  • 51" Samsung Smart TV
  • SteelSeries Merc Keyboard
  • Razer Deathadder Mouse

Some Pictures of my Desktop and workspace:

img00731g.jpg

img0349s.jpg

img00161m.jpg

So I would like to thank you guys for welcoming me to the forum. I hope to serve some help with any questions that I find on here :D

P.s If Linus reads any of this: "Keep up the good work bro!"

Main Rig: Mainboard: Asus P8Z77 Pro Processor: Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz (Swiftech H220) Memory: G-Skill Sniper Series 16GB 1866MHz Video Card: Asus GTX660 Ti Drives: 500GB (Western Digital HDD) 120GB (OCZ Agillity SSD) 1TB (Western Digital HDD) 1TB (Seagate Barracuda HDD) 120GB (Kingston SSD) PSU: Corsair TX 850 OS: Windows 7 Premium 64-Bit Monitor Type: 26" Asus & 52" Samsung Smart TV

Laptop: Dell XPS 17" - CPU: Intel i7-2720QM 2.2GHz Memory: 16GB (stock) Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M Drives: x2 500GB Features: BlueRay Drive, JBL Speakers, 3D Monitor

Welcome to the forum!! Killer Rig! Love all the LEDs on there!

How is that H220 working for you? Awesome temps I'm guessing.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Welcome to the forum!! Killer Rig! Love all the LEDs on there! How is that H220 working for you? Awesome temps I'm guessing.

LOL Thanks man. Ya temps are ok. Am I allowed to provide a link to the other forum I am registered in? I have a thread there titled "Are you debating liquid cooling? Grab some info here!" that shows my results.

I'm actually thinking on changing color to maybe red for everything. Just something different lol.

Main Rig: Mainboard: Asus P8Z77 Pro Processor: Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz (Swiftech H220) Memory: G-Skill Sniper Series 16GB 1866MHz Video Card: Asus GTX660 Ti Drives: 500GB (Western Digital HDD) 120GB (OCZ Agillity SSD) 1TB (Western Digital HDD) 1TB (Seagate Barracuda HDD) 120GB (Kingston SSD) PSU: Corsair TX 850 OS: Windows 7 Premium 64-Bit Monitor Type: 26" Asus & 52" Samsung Smart TV

Laptop: Dell XPS 17" - CPU: Intel i7-2720QM 2.2GHz Memory: 16GB (stock) Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M Drives: x2 500GB Features: BlueRay Drive, JBL Speakers, 3D Monitor

Awesome build! Welcome to the forums! I am sure you will not regret joining! Heck you will remember the day forever!

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Welcome to the forums Mike! You have a lovely build, love how bright it is with the side panel closed.

Don't forget to keep all hands and feet inside the ride during all times.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Awesome build! Welcome to the forums! I am sure you will not regret joining! Heck you will remember the day forever!

Lol, Thanks.

Welcome to the forums Mike! You have a lovely build' date=' love how bright it is with the side panel closed. Don't forget to keep all hands and feet inside the ride during all times. [/quote']

Thanks!

I used to visit another forum like you but switched to this, its great.

Welcome to the forum and awesome build!

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Welcome to the forums - enjoy :D

Welcome, mate.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide