Weird RAM-related boot-up issue

Hello everyone,

I have a weird problem that started happening a few weeks ago. I don't really use my computer that often (approx. 3-4 times a week). When I press the power button, all the lights turn on, all the fans start spinning and all that, but I don't get anything on the monitor, it doesn't even turn on and I have a motherboard speaker plugged in and it doesn't necessarily beep but makes an underwater sound kind of. I tried resetting the BIOS by pulling out the CMOS battery and it doesn't work. I tried reseating the CPU, the GPU, disks, tried to push in the cables (thought maybe a cable somewhere was unplugged a little bit), no luck. I switched out my RAM stick from slot #2 to slot #4 and I passed POST and booted up completely normally. After a few restarts it happens again and I have to reseat the RAM into a different slot to POST and boot. I know I have dual channel memory motherboard and I only have one 8 gig stick in slot #2 usually, but I am not sure if that would cause this kind of problem.

My specs are:

CPU - Intel core i7 4790 (non-K)

GPU - Sapphire Toxic R9 280X

MB - Gigabyte Z97-HD3

SSD - Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU - Thermaltake Smart SE 730W

RAM - Kingston HyperX Savage (1x8GB)

None of these components are overclocked or have ever been overclocked.

Thanks in advance!

a RAM issue that isn't on a Ryzen platform!?!?!

Woah.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

5 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

a RAM issue that isn't on a Ryzen platform!?!?!

Woah.

Yeah, who'd say

If anyone encounters this problem, I'll list all the things I did and what actually helped me solve it.

I've only encountered this on gigabyte motherboards and a simple (and only) solution I found was install Gigabyte's APP Center and install the @BIOS feature, download the latest BIOS from the Gigabyte's official site and install flash it using APP Center.

I tried:

Memtest86+,

Seagate SeaTools HDD test,

tried turning off fast boot in BIOS and Windows 10,

turned off hibernation,

tried updating every single driver I could find everywhere.

The solution was to update the BIOS to the latest version USING a fore mentioned Gigabyte's APP Center.