Performance difference between a 280 Thick Vs 360 Thin?

With the same fin count, same fans obviously a 240 radaitor having one less fan.

Keeping the above in mind

Performance wise would a 360 slim  30mm thick  radiator   perform the same or worse then a 240 60mm thick  radiator? 

*Sorry changed the title from 240 to 280 as the Corsair 750D can take a 280 in the front as well*

Just now, Shadowman said:

With the same fin count, same fans obviously a 240 radaitor having one less fan.

Performance wise would a 360 slim  30mm  radiator   perform the same or worse then a 240 thick 60mm radiator? 

Longer rads have more cooling potential in general than shorter thicker rads. 

A) Not all thick radiators are the same, if a thick 120mm radiator had really low fin density it would cool worse than a very dense thin.

A)  I would get a 280mm personally. 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

It depends how much SP your fans have and how hard you run them.

With a lot of SP and airflow a thick 240 will perform better than a slim 360, but it will be loud.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Why not 360 thick? If you can fit a 240 thick or a 360 slim then chances are you can fit a 360 thick too.

Well the thing is am looking at 2 cases:

CASE: Raijintek Asterion Plus takes a thick 360 in the front with fans but only can take a thin 360 in the top 

CASE: Corsair 750D takes a 360 thick in the top but only a 240 thick in the front 

Anyone of the cases I go for from the above 2 I will get a one 360 thick not a problem but it comes down to the 240 thick vs 360 thin hence the reason for this thread.

2 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

CASE: Raijintek Asterion Plus takes a thick 360 in the front with fans but only can take a thin 360 in the top 

CASE: Corsair 750D takes a 360 thick in the top but only a 240 thick in the front 

Anyone of the cases I go for from the above 2 I will get a one 360 thick not a problem but it comes down to the 240 thick vs 360 thin hence the reason for this thread.

I'd go for dual 360. 

2 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

There are a lot of factors to consider, FPI, fan and the speed and such which affects the performance. Generally though a dual 360mm rad setup will have more cooling potential. 

This goes over the basics with EK's lineup of rads:

23 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

Performance wise would a 360 slim  30mm thick  radiator   perform the same or worse then a 240 60mm thick  radiator? 

Yea sorry should have mentioned I was gonna go for either a  dual 360 thick & 360 thin or  360 thick & 240 thick

7 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

Yea sorry should have mentioned I was gonna go for either a  dual 360 thick & 360 thin or  360 thick & 240 thick

I'd do the dual 360 rad

1 hour ago, tom_w141 said:

Why not 360 thick? If you can fit a 240 thick or a 360 slim then chances are you can fit a 360 thick too.

i beg to differ, I can't fit a thick 360 in the front due to PSU cover, but can easily fit a normal 360 or a thick 240 because it would clear over the cover

Well checking again the specs the Corsair 750D can actually take a thick 60mm 280 radiator in the front as well so now this becomes

360, 60mm Thick & 360, 30mm Thick

OR

360, 60mm Thick & 280, 60mm Thick