Brand new pc high ping

VoidJasper

When playing modded minecraft aka feed the beast I get 80 fps easily however when i go to hit an enemy my game starts freezing and my ping jumps really high. Could this be caused by me not installing the wifi drivers for my plugin usb wifi?

no, if its that specific than it isn't caused by drivers, at least that is very unlikely. if it is repeatable lag within the game than resource scarcity is more likely the cause. did you monitor your cpu cores their usage? minecraft relies heavily on single core performance.

6 minutes ago, VoidJasper said:

usb wifi?

That might be the problem

1 minute ago, tlink said:

no, if its that specific than it isn't caused by drivers, at least that is very unlikely. if it is repeatable lag within the game than resource scarcity is more likely the cause. did you monitor your cpu cores their usage? minecraft relies heavily on single core performance.

Nope but i will the next to im by my pc, it seened fine until id run around. I doubt its resource scarcity since ive got 8gb of ddr4, a ryzen 1600 and an rx 580 with 8gb vram

Just now, frozeNNN said:

That might be the problem

Thanks for the reply im willing to try it all ill even move the pc downstairs by my router just to try a wired connection

42 minutes ago, VoidJasper said:

Nope but i will the next to im by my pc, it seened fine until id run around. I doubt its resource scarcity since ive got 8gb of ddr4, a ryzen 1600 and an rx 580 with 8gb vram

weird, do you have it in single player too? what do you mean with freezing? as in frame freezing or the game not responding at all? it could be a horrendous tickrate on the server due to overburden on their part, it may look like connection lag on your side when it is on theirs. try running ping from command prompt to the server's IP while playing, and another command prompt that pings google while playing. if both show high ping during the lag then its your side. the command to ping from cmd until stopped manually is:

ping (insert DNS or IP here without brackets) -t

to stop it from pinging any longer, click on the window and press ctrl+c, do this for both windows and they will both stop.