2013 Shield Build

drumzilla999

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/drumzilla999/saved/2WPE

This is the gaming build I came up with. 

I want people to comment with suggestions to make this build better.

The only rule is that I am trying to build a Black, White, and Green build.

I am mostly interested on figuring out exactly what video card and RAM I should purchase.

I plan on staying around this price point give or take $50.

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

CPU: i7 -4770k Cooler: H100i Mobo: G1.Sniper Z87 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1866mhz SSD: Samsung 830 128gb HDD: WD 1TB Black GPU: EVGA GTX 780 ACX Cooler PSU: SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold Speakers: Corsair SP2500 Case: CM Storm Stryker Fans: Corsair AF & SP Fans

[spoiler=Ultrabook : Aspire S7 392-7863]CPU: i7-4500U (1.8GHz/3GHz) Memory: 8GB DDR3L-RS SSD: 256Gb (RAID 0) Display: 13.3" IPS Multi-touch (2560 x 1440)

that is a solid build for shield, but i think ADATA's xpg sx900 120gb SSD is cheaper than samsung's plus it is black and green with white letters, also Linus said that it is recommended to have a beast router for shield to work properly in the streaming games feature, and what you might take off the list in order to get one is the corsair H100i nad get a BEAST router, and go for a mid end heatsink if you are planning on overclocking, else you are good with the stock cooler.

that is a solid build for shield, but i think ADATA's xpg sx900 120gb SSD is cheaper than samsung's plus it is black and green with white letters, also Linus said that it is recommended to have a beast router for shield to work properly in the streaming games feature, and what you might take off the list in order to get one is the corsair H100i nad get a BEAST router, and go for a mid end heatsink if you are planning on overclocking, else you are good with the stock cooler.

The problem is that I already have the SSD. I also have a solid router. Thanks!!

CPU: i7 -4770k Cooler: H100i Mobo: G1.Sniper Z87 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1866mhz SSD: Samsung 830 128gb HDD: WD 1TB Black GPU: EVGA GTX 780 ACX Cooler PSU: SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold Speakers: Corsair SP2500 Case: CM Storm Stryker Fans: Corsair AF & SP Fans

[spoiler=Ultrabook : Aspire S7 392-7863]CPU: i7-4500U (1.8GHz/3GHz) Memory: 8GB DDR3L-RS SSD: 256Gb (RAID 0) Display: 13.3" IPS Multi-touch (2560 x 1440)

The problem is that I already have the SSD. I also have a solid router. Thanks!!

Also i don't know if you are aware that if you buy or at least in the past when you bought an NVIDIA GPU they would give $100 off shield 

Also i don't know if you are aware that if you buy or at least in the past when you bought an NVIDIA GPU they would give $100 off shield 

I included that in the price.

Is that the only part you already have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Is that the only part you already have?

It says (purchased) next to the price.

It says (purchased) next to the price.

Just making sure.

Just bump down to an i5 and get a cheaper cooler: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/29seO

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.