BF4 and BF1 crashing, unstable overclock?

LaserLion

Situation:
I play Arma2+3 mods such as Overpoch as well as various CoD and BF titles. I get excellent performance in everything I play, except that BF4 and BF1 crash after a few minutes in a server...If I am running my OC profile. If I run a standard profile without any sort of OC, there's no crashing. Naturally it seems as though my OC is unstable except...

Whilst it may indeed be that black and white, it doesn't feel like it to me. I've bench-marked my OC time and again using Unigen Valley, Unigen Heaven and 3DMark. Here are the last several results for 3DMark, with latest result omitted because it was a score for my standard profile. I did another test in which I uninstalled MSI Afterburner, downloaded the MSI Gaming app and ran their OC profile...And again, BF4 and BF1 both crashed after a few minutes. Switching to a non-OCed profile allowed me to play uninterrupted. It is this last test that really convinces me my overclock isn't unstable.

There are no other games in which I have any discernible performance issues, all I know for certain is that the latest BF titles don't like running an OC profile. 

GPU: MSI 1070 Quicksilver. Click here to see my overclock in MSI Afterburner.

Any thoughts? I've looked around for others with Battlefield issues, and while there have been many issues for many reasons, my problem seems specific.

25 minutes ago, Laser Lion said:

It freezes and sticks until I restart. It will allow me to pull up task manager, but nothing I do gets me out of the freeze.

This suggests that the CPU OC or RAM is bad, not GPU OC. If it was GPU then you would crash the game into Windows 99% of the time.

28 minutes ago, Laser Lion said:

It freezes and sticks until I restart. It will allow me to pull up task manager, but nothing I do gets me out of the freeze.

sounds like bad ram or a too high oc of the CPU then.

test your RAM and disable the oc. if it doesn't happen again you got your answer.

Just now, WereCat said:

This suggests that the CPU OC or RAM is bad, not GPU OC. If it was GPU then you would crash the game into Windows 99% of the time.

Alright. So I've got the 6700 non-K, so perhaps it's my ram?

I've got G.Skill RipjawsV 2400. Bad ram might make sense, since I can't overclock it at all. Every time I try, my system either fails to boot or bluescreens.

1 minute ago, Laser Lion said:

Alright. So I've got the 6700 non-K, so perhaps it's my ram?

I've got G.Skill RipjawsV 2400. Bad ram might make sense, since I can't overclock it at all. Every time I try, my system either fails to boot or bluescreens.

Get USB stick and throw bootable Memtest86 on it, let it run for at least an hour. There must be 0 errors.

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

It comes with a tool that will make the USB bootable, you just point it to the location of an image file.

Sounds like the game is experiencing some gaids right now, bf4 didn't like oc gpu for me so try that 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Try running a stress test such as OCCT, they will fail in a few mins if the overclock is bad. I used to have a similar issue until I ran that and redid my oc  

Run memtest (not memtest86) over night to make sure your ram is ok.

Run several instances each with 1024mb to test untill you reach your System amount.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO